Chapter Three.

Midge's point of view.

 "Turn the fucking camera off."

 As expected, there was no response from Brian, despite the way I'd just snapped at him. He placed the camera on the windowsill opposite the table, so it was focused on all of us and the Ouija board was visible, too. As he continued to ignore me and adjust the camera, Linds leant forward and hit his arm, trying to gain his attention.

 "What the fuck was that for?" He asked, whipping his head round to glare at her.

 "Did you not hear what Midge said?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

 "Of course I did." He shrugged. "But I ignored it, because it's just another one of her complaints. Right, Tiny?"

 I narrowed my eyes at his smirk, then diverting my gaze to the floor. It was obvious that he wasn't going to listen to a word I said, even though I never gave him permission to take my camera out of my room and start videoing us.

 "Seriously, Bri, can you turn that thing off?" Charlotte grimaced, squinting at a bright light that suddenly shone from the front of the camera. "Why have you got it?"

 "To film anything that happens." Brian simply said. He finally stopped fiddling around with the camera and then walked over to the wall, turning the lights out so that the place was in complete darkness, except the few candles that were lighting up the Ouija board for us. Seconds later, he slumped down in the only chair available-between me and Zacky.

 "Right, so how do we do this?" Matt questioned, jumping straight into it.

 All of our attention turned to Jimmy, seeing as he was the one that had brought the board. We'd discovered, in the past half an hour while we were setting things up, that he was actually quite knowledgeable over the paranormal. He explained that it had something to do with how much his grandma had been involved; he'd learnt a lot about it from a young age.

 "My grandma always used to say something about opening her chakras before she took part in a Ouija board." Jimmy told us.

 "Sounds kind of dirty." Johnny commented, earning a kick from Matt.

 "Shut it, Shortshit." Zacky said. "You're ruining the atmosphere."

 Jimmy rolled his eyes and shifted in his seat, obviously waiting for everyone to shut up before he could speak again. Once silence began to roam around us, he continued what he was saying.

 "I'm not exactly sure what a chakra is. I must've been too young to understand or something." He said. "But I guess we should just hold hands and call out to summon spirits before we use the board?"

 I had to bite my lip at how seriously he was taking this. Even though I didn't want this stuff in my house, because I'd always been a believer of the paranormal, I couldn't help but find Jimmy's eagerness rather amusing.

 I must've zoned out, as I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by Brian grabbing my hand from beside me. I stared down at our laced fingers as the candles flickered some light onto them, wishing that him holding my hand was a regular thing. No matter how much of an asshole he was to me, his affection, fake or not, made me weak at the knees.

 "Okay." Jimmy whispered, checking to see that everyone was holding hands before he spoke again. "If there are any spirits present in this place with us, we ask you to come forward and acknowledge us."

 Silence fell around us, as if we were waiting for something to happen. I didn't know where to look while we all just sat there with our hands joined, so I stared at the Ouija board, listening out for whatever might happen.