Chapter Fourteen.

Linds' Point Of View.

I slammed the patio door as hard as I could, as I angrily walked out of the house.

I couldn't believe that Jimmy had told Brian. It baffled me completely. Brian was the last person on the face of this fucking earth that I expected Jimmy to have told.

Storming off to the end of the patio, I quickly set myself on one of the cold lawn chairs, which made shivers shoot through my entire body.

Staring out into the darkness, I sat in complete silence. My eyes wandered around the darkened yard, searching for something I knew wouldn't be there.

Sighing I leaned my back against the chair. That's when I noticed Brian's pack of Marlboros siting on the small table next to me. Glancing around nervously, I reached for the packet.

I fiddled with the red and white box for a couple seconds, before tapping the end of it against my wrist. Turning the box over, I quickly pulled out a cigarette. My eyes looked over the thin cylinder, contemplating if I should smoke it.

Shrugging off all of those thoughts, I gripped the lighter, that was neatly packed away in the cigarette box. Carefully flicking the lighter, the bright flame lit up a small area around me.

I put the end of the cigarette in my mouth and moved the flame close. As soon as the end lit, I inhaled a deep breath, pulling in the welcoming smoke. The familiar flavor calming my nerves immediately.

I sat there, tapping my feet against the ground as I inhaled one more deep breath of smoke.

That's when my eyes widened and I gagged on the smoke as I tried to exhale it as fast as possible.

"Fuck!" I yelled at myself, before chucking what was left of the cigarette into the pond.

I couldn't be smoking. Not whilst I was pregnant. I honestly couldn't believe my stupidity.

Standing up, I pulled the Marlboros out from my pocket. I looked them over for a few seconds, until I heard yelling coming from inside the house.

Rolling my eyes, I threw the box onto the empty chair, and took off towards the house.

I bet Brian's at it again, he always has to be pushing people's fucking buttons.

Sliding the glass door open, I saw Johnny running up the stairs. As I cocked an eyebrow, I quickly slid into the house and shut the door, before running off after him.

As my feet thudded up the stairs, I could hear Charlotte's frantic voice over everyone else's. Slowing my pace, I quietly made my way to the doorway of the guest bedroom.

I saw Charlotte sitting with her head in her hands, whilst Matt was hovering around her, looking completely lost. Midge was perched beside her, trying to calm her down, and everyone else stayed standing up.

"I know what I fucking saw!" Charlotte cried out.

My eyebrows raised, as I wondered what she was talking about.

"Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination?" Matt asked, sincerely looking down at Charlotte.

"Matt! Has anything in this house been our imaginations?" She glared up at him, her eyes full of tears. When Matt didn't say anything, she looked away in disgust. "I didn't think so."

"Oh, shut up, Charlotte! Stop playing this game with us. You probably didn't even see anything." Brian said, scowling as leant against the wall.

"You shut up, Brian!" Charlotte retorted, her hands gripping the bedding angrily.

"What happened?" I asked, stepping into the room. Everyone stopped and looked up at me, making an uneasy sensation rush through me.