Chapter Five.

Linds' Point of view

 07:13 AM

Shifting a bit in Jimmy's arms, I finally saw a bit of sunlight peeking in from behind the curtain.

None of us slept for the rest of the night. We stayed up and sat in silence, listening for any noises that came from downstairs. But after that last noise, nothing else happened.

Staying in Jimmy's lap, my eyes watched as Matt stood up, making his way to the window. Quickly pulling the curtain open, the room flooded with light, which was followed by some groans as we tried to cover our eyes.

It's still foggy outside." Matt stated, as he stared down in the yard.

"Well at least it's light. Let's go down and check out the damage." Brian mumbled, heading for the door.

I turned, looking at Midge. I knew she didn't think going downstairs was the best idea, and neither did I. But we had to prove it to ourselves that we were all just over reacting big time.

"Come on babe, let's go." Jimmy whispered softly in my ear.

Silently nodding, I stood up and turned around, giving him my hand. He gripped it gently and pulled himself up.

Starting for the door, he laced our fingers together. Just that simple action made my heart slow, and the anxiety I was feeling disappear.

Matt and Brian went down the stairs first, as we waited at the top.

"Ok guys, there's no big bad scary monster down here." Matt shouted.

Giving each other a quick nod, we headed down. Walking into the living room, the place was exactly how we left it last night before we went to bed.

"Let's clean up and head out. I'm sure M wants to have some alone time before her parents come back." I sighed as I picked up some of the candles we had left out. Midge's parents were going to be back yet, I knew that, but I wasn't sure when, so I thought it best to clean up just in case.

"Yeah, I'm fucking exhausted." Zacky mumbled, heading to the kitchen.

We sauntered around the room, cleaning up various items. Charlotte was stuck with the mess from the popcorn bowl, that we must have overturned in the chaos of last night.

Midge and I began silently picking up the blankets off of the sofa, then folding them and putting them in a pile. She was quiet, which wasn't like her at all, and it worried me.

"You ok?" I asked, feeling concerned. Knowing her like I did, I wasn't expecting a truthful answer. She often lied about her feelings to make others happy. Her situation with Brian was a huge example of that.

"Yeah, I'm perfect." She muttered, letting out a nervous chuckle. "Just a little nervous is all."

"Like the guys said, there's probably a reasonable expla-'' My words were cutt off by a huge crash, quickly followed by the sound of glass breaking.

We all must have been startled, because we all started screaming. Midge and I jumped together, wrapping our arms around each other.

"My bad..." Johnny sheepishly said, poking his head around the kitchen doorway and holding up a glass bowl with a huge crack in it. "Uh, sorry, M. I'll pay for a new one."

"Johnny, you're going to give us all heart attacks!" Charlotte yelled, smacking her hand against his arm as hard as she could.

With a small apologetic smile, Johnny scuttled back into the kitchen, muttering to himself about how he "didn't mean to be such a fucking klutz".