Chapter Seven.

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!! <3 Midge and Linds 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Midge's point of view

07:56 PM

The whole thing seemed absolutely pointless.

How seriously the others were taking this was ridiculous. When they'd convinced me that we were just going to do a small ghost hunt, I was expecting us maybe gathering in a group and calling out to summon spirits. But, no. I came downstairs after grabbing a jacket, to find a shit load of equipment sprawled out on my table.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, eyeing all of the stuff.

"I brought my MacBook to use for some EVP recordings." Jimmy explained, grinning proudly. "And those are just some more cameras that we'll probably need, because we're splitting into pairs."

Rolling my eyes, I turned away from all of the stuff and poured myself a glass of water. The others' bedding stuff and fresh clothes were by the door, as they'd all agreed to stay with me while my parents were away. I was grateful for that, but I was still pissed off with them for agreeing with Brian's idea.

As if right on cue, Brian came towards me, a camera in his hands. I ignored him as he began to film me, and he found it somewhat amusing.

"There she is." He commentated, smirking. "Midgey with her glass of water. Say hello to the camera, Midge."

I glanced up at the camera and quickly looked away again, diverting my gaze as I sipped on my drink.

"She's pissed off." Brian spoke again, chuckling. He put the camera on the kitchen island and came over, ruffling my hair. "Stop being angry with me."

"I have a right to be pissed, Brian." I scowled, pushing his hand away and barging past him.

I think he sort of knew that what he'd said earlier was out of order, but there was no way he'd damage his pride and apologise, so he just picked up the camera again and began to video the others.

"M, I got your coat for you." Charlotte suddenly said, coming down the stairs and throwing my coat my way. "We're going to have to turn the heating and everything off so that it doesn't make any noise, so the house will probably be freezing."

"Thanks." I glumly muttered, pulling my coat onto my body.

"Hey, you're not still pissed off, are you?" She then asked me, frowning. My lack in answer told her I was. "Aw, Midge, I'm sorry! I know you don't want this shit in your house, but this is the only way to shut Brian up. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen."

The only reason I didn't answer was because I didn't believe that in the slightest. I had a feeling something bad would happen, but I knew voicing my thoughts would just make the others accuse me of being mad again. So I merely gave Charlotte a nod and a small smile, and then went and sat on the sofa with Johnny.

Jimmy seemed to be checking everything that was on the table, while he murmured quietly to himself. After a few moments, he turned to us, grinning excitedly.

"So, who's pairing up with who?" He asked.

"You go with Linds." Brian said. "Matt with Charles, Johnny with Zacky, and me with Tiny."

As he spoke, he fastened an arm round my shoulder, smirking down at me. I scowled and shrugged is arm away from me.

"Why do I have to go with you?" I questioned, glaring at him.