30

we ended up getting to lax after a few hours. grayson slept the whole way through the flight, and the whole way through the airport. it was around two in the morning now, and i knew how awful the timing was. kian was asleep, and he probably wouldn't wake up.

i had no idea what i was thinking i just knew i wasn't letting kian miss out on another part of our life, especially one as big as this. he had missed out on too much while i was in new york. i wanted him to experience everything he missed.

the uber i had ordered finally arrived at the airport, so i quickly buckled grayson in and gave the driver the address. i let grayson lean on me as he peacefully slept the whole way to our old house.

i hauled our bags and him to the front door, and silently prayed he didn't move the spare key. to my luck, he didn't. everything was basically untouched, and exactly the way it was when i left.

i tucked grayson into the bed in the guest room, planting a few small kisses to his forehead. he stirred lightly, only hugging his small stuffed lion to his chest. i cracked the door, and quietly made my way to kian's room. he looked so peaceful, asleep on his stomah. his toned back faced the ceiling, his messy hair spread around the pillow, and his lips slightly parted.

i slowly laid down beside him, but he didn't budge. i grabbed his arm and pulled it around me, hugging him as tight as i could. he stirred, and instantly froze. his arms dangled loosely around me. i pulled away, and instantly pressed my lips to his.

"what the hell, alli. you scared the shit out of me. what are you doing here? what the-." i kissed him one more time, to stop any of his random sleepy mumbles from coming out of his mouth.

"i talked to my land lord, and she gave me my money back for the last month. it was kind of impulsive, so i flew here at like eight o'clock," i shrugged.

he pulled me close to him, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. he slowly started drifting back to sleep, while i just stared at him. it seemed so unreal that i was back in california for good after being gone for so long.

i closed my eyes, giving up on my idea of telling kian the news. it probably wasn't a good idea to tell him at five in the morning, because he probably wasn't in the best state. i curled close to him, and fell asleep slowly and at peace.

//

i woke up early the next morning to screams coming from grayson. i quickly got out of bed and ran into the guest room. grayson sat on the bed, his lion clutched close to his chest. his face was red and he was crying.

"mommy, i didn't know where i was," he cried. i pulled him into my lap, smoothing my hands through his hair. he shook lightly in my arms.

"i know, i'm sorry. we got here very late. do you want to know where we are?" i asked. he nodded, one last sob coming from his lips. "we're at daddy's house, just like i promised," i whispered.

"i go see him?" he asked, holding his arms up towards me. i nodded, propping him up onto my hip. i slowly made my way downstairs to see kian in the kitchen. i wiped the remaining tears off of grayson's cheeks, before setting him on the ground. he waddled over to kian, hugging the life out of his strong calves.

"hi buddy. i missed you," he cooed. grayson nodded, wrapping his arms around kian's neck tightly. kian kissed his head repeatedly, hugging him tighter.

"i missed you too, daddy," he whispered. my heart felt so full watching how much they loved eachother. it was the cutest thing to watch.

grayson helped him make breakfast, and we ate silently at the kitchen table. kian and i did the dishes, and i really didn't know how to tell him. i had no idea how he would react or if he would be happy. i sighed, running my hand over my forehead.

"what's the matter?" kian asked. i shook my head, placing one last dish in the cabinets, they were in the same spot they were when i left. "c'mon. what's bothering you?" he pushed, lifting me onto the counter. he trapped me between his arms. a few tears slipped from the corner of my eyes, and his face softened.

"i don't want you to be mad or something. i don't know, i'm sorry," i whispered. he brushed the tears off of my cheeks, holding my chin in his fingers.

"i won't. just tell me what's bothering you, baby," he replied. i nodded, grabbing his hand and interlacing our fingers together.

"kian, i'm pregnant," i whispered. his eyes widened and he took a step back. he looked hurt and surprised. "it's yours, you asshole," i replied, hitting his arm.

"what the-. oh my god, are you serious? this is so awesome," he yelled, picking me up into his arms. i wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed his cheek.

"so, you're excited about this?" i asked. he nodded quickly, kissing my lips briefly.

"i am beyond excited about this allison. i wanted another baby before you left. i want a family with you forever," he whispered. all the color instantly drained from my face and i felt like i got punched. "hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

"i am so sorry," i whispered. he grabbed my hand, pulling me back to him. i shook my head, trying to get away for just a second to think, to breathe.

"was it something i said? alli, you have to talk to me, what has you worked up?" he asked. more tears flowed from my eyes, but not the happy kind.

"i was pregnant when i left you," i whispered.

//

if you're looking for the queen of cliffhangers, i'm right here. hello.

anyways thanks for being awesome and reading. please comment, vote, etc. xxx