6

i woke up early the next morning in kian's bed. he was laying next to me, his lips parted slightly. we had stayed up very late talking, and it was a lot of fun.

i slowly pulled myself out of his bed, and made my way to my room. i changed into a pair of spandex, a soccer shirt, and threw my hair into a messy bun.

i decided to go downstairs and make breakfast. after everything that had happened, i think we all needed to just sit down and talk. and what better way to do it than over food.

i loved to cook, which was one of the things i had learned to do well at nancy and dave's. i was always cooking or baking something. it was one of my favorite things to do after soccer.

i just made something simple: eggs, french toast, and homemade hashbrowns. nancy made them everyday for breakfast.

i found myself thinking about nancy and dave quite a lot. they raised me. they were my parents for the longest time, and now they weren't. it was hard to just let that go.

i put a pot of coffee on, and finished everything up. it was almost ten now,
meaning everyone should be up soon.

a few minutes after i finished, the boys came down the stairs. most of them were dressed and showered, except for kian. he looked like he just woke up, which is probably true.

"i didn't know you liked to cook," jc smiled. i shrugged.

"there's a lot you'll come to find out about me." i smiled.

everyone started to sit around the table, passing plates and such around. nobody was really talking.

when everyone was done eating, we just kind of sat there. i sighed, taking a sip of my coffee.

"i know you guys want to know. you want to ask, but you don't know how. go ahead and ask away," i whispered, looking up. only kian was able to meet my gaze.

"why? why did you let him do those things?" ricky asked. i laughed.

"why did i let him beat me until i was bloody and broken? because i loved him. but the feeling was not mutual, obviously," i finished.

nobody really asked anymore questions. my reply was kind of harsh. i didn't intend on it sounding like that, but it did. and i couldn't really change it.

we started cleaning up the table. i washed the dishes, jc drying them. we worked in silence, not awkward. just comfortable.

"hey alli. can i ask you something?" jc spoke up. i nodded.

"what's up?" i asked, rinsing off a plate. he sighed.

"how would you feel about therapy? i know you hate the idea, but mom suggested it. i think it would really help." i shook my head at this.

"i don't want to sit one on one with a therapist. i can compromise, but one on one just won't work for me," i replied, handing him the last dish.

"what about, like, a group session. that isn't one on one," he replied. i nodded.

"i guess i can do that, if i really have to," i sighed. he smiled, and wrapped his arm around me.

"thank you for doing this," he whispered, kissing the top of my head. i shrugged.

"no problem. it's my pleasure," i sarcastically replied, smiling a little bit.

//

i was watching netflix on my laptop later that night when jc came in. he took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"i found a group. it meets every wednesday from 8-9 am. it's for teens, especially those who have suffered through traumatic events," he stared. i nodded.

"that's tomorrow. and early," i whined. he chuckled and nodded.

"yes it is, but i'm coming with you. the website says family memeber are welcome to stay, and i want to be there for you," he replied. i smiled.

"you're a really good brother, you know that?" i asked. he nodded and smiled.

"yeah, i know. i'm pretty great." he wrapped me into a hug before leaving my room.

i finished the episode of grey's anatomy i was on and laid down. tomorrow was a very early morning.

i was kind of dreading this support group, but i knew it was for my own good. and i knew how bad jc and our mom wanted me to go.

soon enough i fell asleep, still hating the idea of the support group. but i couldn't change it. so i would just have to suck it up and go

the next morning jc woke me up around seven thirty. i quickly brushed my teeth, and braided my hair. i wore a pair of black athletic shorts, and a soccer t-shirt.

the ride was only ten minutes, but it felt so much longer. it was so awkwardly silent, that it felt like we were in the car for an hour. i was so relieved when we pulled into a parking space.

we walked into the building, sitting down in the folding chairs. it started in a few minutes.

"i know you hate this, but it's for the best," he whispered. i nodded, trying to keep that in mind while the last of the people shuffed in.

everyone took their seats while the leader of the group stood at the front. she smiled towards the whole group.

"hi guys, welcome back or welcome. i see we have some unfamiliar faces with us. i'm dr. martin but y'all can call me kate. why don't our new friends introduce themselves. say you're name, age, who you're with, why you're here," she smiled.

a girl stood up across the room. she was tall and thin and beautiful.

"i'm riley and i'm 15. i came with my mom and i have anorexia," she mumbled, taking her seat.

another girl stood up. this one was short with long hair and wide framed glasses.

"i'm paige, and i'm 17. i came with my brother, parker. and my best friend committed suicide." she sunk back in her seat, her brother laying his hand on her shoulder. his eyes locked with mine.

kate nodded at me, urging me to stand up and share my shit show of a life. but that was a little easier said than done. it would never be easy.

//

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. Please comment your thoughts, and vote!!