7

jc laid his hands on my back, urging me to stand up. i sighed, pushing myself to my feet.

"my name is allison, i'm 17. i'm with my brother, jc. i am here today because i was abducted when i was three, and i was in an abusive relationship," i said, sitting back down quickly.

i was the last person to share before the meeting started. i hated spilling my life story to random strangers. it was so overwhelming.

everyone was required to share at least once. i hated that. i didn't want to talk to these people. i didn't want to at all.

"what about your situations do feel most uncomfortable or afraid of?" kate asked, pacing around the front. i raised my hand.

"i'm very uncomfortable with sharing the most intimate details of my life with complete strangers. i haven't even come to terms with all of this and now i just have to share all of it with people who i don't know," i answered, running my fingers through my hair.

"i know this is hard, but it'll be better in the end. i promise," she replied, her smile very sympathetic. jc rested his hand on my shoulder.

"you'll get through this. i know it," jc whispered. i nodded.

the meeting continued for about another half an hour before it finally concluded. it felt like it dragged on forever.

i walked out to the car while jc talked to kate. i was about to get in when someone stopped me. it was parker, one of the girls brother.

"hi alli? parker. i just wanted to let you know that you are extremely beautiful," he smiled.

"thank you," i dragged on. he laughed awkwardly.

"oh my gosh. i'm trying to pick up girls at my sister's support group. that is so low," he groaned, closing his eyes.

"don't worry. im flattered," i laughed. he nodded, handing me a folded slip of paper.

"that is my number, don't hesitate to use it," he smiled, walking across the parking lot.

i sat in the passengers seat for a few minutes until jc came out of the front door. he quickly hopped into the drivers side, and started driving away.

"sorry it took so long. wanna grab coffee or something?" he asked. i nodded as he pulled into a dunkin donuts.

i ordered a vanilla iced coffee, which came rather quickly. we sat down at a table, i'm assuming to talk about today.

"i'm proud of you. i expected today to go a lot worse. i figured you would start yelling or something," he chuckled. i shrugged.

"i know, i'm surprised. i controlled my temper like a pro," i smiled. he rolled his eyes.

"do you think we can talk about what happened when you were little. i just really wanna see if you know what happened," he sighed. i nodded, closing my eyes.

"i think we were at the mall? maybe the grocery store, i'm not sure," i started.

i clenched my eyes shut tighter, trying to remember more. i only remembered bits and pieces of what happened.

"i wandered away, and someone came and picked me up. they wrapped me in a blanket, and put me in a car. that's all i remember," i added.

"do you know why they would do that? take you away from us like that," he whispered, wiping at his eyes.

i closed my eyes again, trying to remember everything i could. i went through the house, the car, the backyard, anything that could lead me to why.

"oh my god," i whispered, holding my hand over my mouth. it all made sense.

"what? what's wrong? alli," jc said, holding my hand. i took a deep breath.

"they had a daughter. they had this vase,  with a picture of a toddler next to it. i always thought it was me, but her hair was blond, and it was an urn. and they had a stone in the backyard, engraved with allison on it. i always thought it wa for me, but. oh god," i replied.

"they lost a daughter, and they made another family go through it even though they knew exactly how it felt," he whispered.

i didn't reply, because i didn't really know what to say. instead, we just finished our coffee before heading back out to the car.

thr drive to the house was very silent. but i knew it was for the better. he needed time to think and process everything.

we pulled into the driveway around ten thirty. everyone was awake, and doing different things.

"hey alli, how'd it go?" kian asked. i shrugged.

"i kept my temper at bay, and i didn't scream at the leader so i guess it's a start," i shrugged. he smiled.

he answered a phone call he had, giving me a chance to go up to my room. i pulled out my phone, and typed in parker's number.

alli- hey its the super hot chick from support group

i only had to wait a few minutes for a reply.

parker- wow im surprised you actually texted me.

alli- i just felt so flattered.

parker- okay whatever you say. what are ya doing tomorrow?

alli- nothing. im boring

parker- meet me at the mall @ 12.

alli- okay.

neither of us texted back. i guess it was just agreed that we meet tomorrow.

when i went back downstairs, there were two guys sitting on the couch between kian and jc.

"alli, what's the hottest girls sport?" i bit my lip, laughing a little bit.

"softball. modest, but the bootie still pops in those pants," i replied. they all nodded. "guessing y'all chose volleyball?" they nodded again.

i walked into the kitchen, pulling out an apple from the drawer. when i walked back into the living room, all eyes were on me.

"eyes," the guy with blue eyes spoke up. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"hair. and ass," the one with brown hair added. jc smacked his arm.

"dude that's my sister," he whisper yelled. he shrugged.

"not specifically for your sister. all girls in general." jc rolled his eyes.

"alli, this is nash and cameron." i nodded, waving at both of them before heading back upstairs.

i pulled my laptop out and began watching grey's anatomy. i closed my
eyes, hoping to take a quick nap.

//

filler chapter. don't forget to comment and vote