4

one week living with jc, and things have gone smoothly. well, for the most part. jc and i have been spending a lot of time together.

one particular night, jc and i had stayed up for hours just talking. we talked about the present, but also the past. he wanted to see if i remembered anything about him or my mom.

"i remember this stuffed animal or something. i used to carry it everywhere," i remembered. he nodded.

"everywhere. we coule be an hour from the house, and if you didn't have bubby, we had to turn around," he laughed. i shrugged.

"i don't really remember much. i wish i did, but i don't. i'm sorry," i sighed.

he sat next to me, and pulled me into a hug. he told me that he knew how difficult this was, and that he would try to understand where i'm coming from.

"alli. i love you," he called before i went up to go to bed. i smiled and turned around.

"i love you too, jc," i replied before turning to go up the stairs.

it was true. everything i read in books or saw in movies was true. jc was a dream brother.

we had so much fun together. whether we were watching movies or at the beach, he made everything fun. he let me cry when i needed it, and made me laugh right after.

we had been together all week, and today, jc had a photoshoot. connor and ricky were going somewhere to film a video. kian was still asleep so i had no idea what he was doing.

dylan was coming over today. i was excited to see him. i wanted to adjust to my 'new life' before i engaged in anything from my 'old life.'

as soon as he came inside, i wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders as his arms hung loosely around my waist. we went up to my room to watch the newest episode of american horror story in my bed.

i had gotten up to grab a blanket, when he pushed me against the wall. his arms rested above my head as he agressively kissed me. everything happened so quickly.

one minute we're kissing, and the next his fingers are on the button of my pants. i tell him to stop but he doesnt. then my pants are off.

and then im naked, begging him to stop. but he doesn't listen. i try to leave, but his hand wraps around my throat. i can't breathe.

soon i'm on the bed, crying quietly. he unzips his pants, and clamps his hand over my mouth. when i start to scream, he winds up and leaves me with a bloody nose.

his hips rock towards mine, making me cry harder. he hits me once more, before picking up his pace. i can't sit here. i won't be a victim.

i quickly bit his hand, and screamed. i don't know who i was screaming to or at, but i was hoping, praying, that someone would hear. a neighbor, a runner, a dog walker, anybody.

i continue screaming, until i feel his hand pushing down on my throat. everything after that is so fuzzy. i couldn't breathe. everything was moving so slowly.

"what the-. get off of her." someone was here. someone was screaming. i didn't know who it was.

dylan was thrown to the ground. if i hadn't been in shock, i would've tried to beat him up as well. the person was wrapping me in a blanket, shaking me. it was kian. kian had saved me.

"alli. allison. come on. i have you," he whispered. realization hit me, and soon, i was bawling.

"he just took it from me without even asking. he just took it," i cried. he rubbed my back, also helping me to my feet.

"i know. people are messed up, but we have to get you cleaned up. let's go into the bathroom," he replied, helping me onto the sink.

i sat there, clutching the blanket around me. it was silent again. the only noise was my occasional sobs.

after kian cleaned up my blood, he took me into my room. he helped me put my clothes back on, an unconcious dylan lay on the floor.

we went into his room, and laid on his bed. he didn't want me in that room. i clung to kian like my life depened on it.

"hey jc. no, i know your at a photoshoot. no, i know. no, you need to come home. yes, right now. no, it's allison. okay, i'll see you then."

he wrapped his arms around my back, not saying a word. i was still in shock, trying to process what just happened. i laid my head on kian's shoulder, just trying to forget what happened. i slept.

//

when i woke up, kian was still laying next to me. his hands were rubbing my back, his head resting against mine. i wasn't sure if dylan was still lying unconcious in my room or if he was in jail. i was hoping it was the second option.

"hey. feeling better?" kian whispered. i shrugged, burying my face into the pillow.

"it won't get any better. i'm always going to be a victim. god, this sucks," i cried into the pillow.

"you deserve so much better, alli. so much better than that asshole. did he ever do this before?" i shrugged to his question.

"he never ra-. he never did that before. but he hit me sometimes. but it was my fault. i pushed his limits, and i made him mad," i replied. he sighed.

"no. no matter how mad you make someone they should never lay a hand on you. got it?" i nodded.

maybe kian was right. maybe i let my relationship with dylan go too far. but i was in love with the dyaln i first met. not the agressive rapist dylan.

maybe i did deserve better, but i would never get better. i was me, and people like me got people like dylan. and that's how it worked.