Episode24

He sat on the floor for a while. Suman kept crying. He didnt leave her, he sat there hugging her. The feeling of love and guilt made the situation hard for him. After few minutes he checked upon her as she had stopped crying.
He lifted her face, she was sleeping. Like a baby who felt secure ,she was exhausted.
He touched her cheeks which were red .He smiled weakly as he saw her sleeping. He felt bad. He was guilty of what he did.
"Kya hogaya hain mjhe... suman par shak kaise kar skta hu.. Galti par galti kar rha hu mein.. mjhe uski dil ki baat uske zabaan tak laani hain par ab yeh sab... Kuch sochna padega "
Suddenly he felt a hand that cluched his shirt. Suman wrapped herself onto him.He was adoring her,the innocence of a child .For him she was his everything.He knew even if he lost everything he had ,she would still be his most precious possesion. He picked her up and walked towards the bed. She didnt leave him. He tried to remove her hand but in vain, The girl was not ready to leave him, uncounciously she pulled him even closer.
His heart beat stopped, the distance between his face and suman's face could be measured in milimeters.
She was asleep, but he was wide awake. She was unconscious, he was conscious and if anything happened It would have been his fault. He was mesmerized by the simplicty of that girl .She was homely unlike what he had thought. She put her family as her first priority.
"Am I her family? "
A chain of questions rushed into his mind. He slowly removed her hand and made her hold a pillow.
He quietly moved out of the room. He so wanted to drink alcohol, that was the only way he could forget everything. But then he remembered his promise to suman.
"Mein esa kuch nhi karunga. Shravan Malhotra is a man of his words"
He walked around the garden.
He walked past the party area. He saw few ppl sleeping near the buffet, on chairs, few slept near the swimming pool. All were drunk and tired and passed off wherever they were. He looked at them and walked towards a lake.
It was an artificial lake which was built by the king for his queen. A long lost love story it was.
Shravan sat on the bench near it. He looked upon the calm lake with a beautiful reflection of the moon.
The sky was lit by all the stars which kept twinkling and his eyes were fixed on the reflection. A piece of art by nature. The moon. The prominent symbol of love .
Suddenly the lake water formed creases. He looked back to see who was the one who threw the pebble, disturbing his peace time.
He saw an old man. Wearing coat and had a personality which made people look at him twice.

"aap? "shravan addressed.

"Kya kar rahe ho itni raat ko yaha"Said  the old man in a bold voice. He was a retd. General from army. He was Tanya's dadu.
"Kuch nhi. Aap soye nhi? "

The old man sat next to him on the bench.
"Neend nhi aarahi thi mjhe.... jaise tumhe nhi aarahi thi"
Shravan looked at the old man. He then shifted his gaze .He looked deeply into the lake which again gave a perfect reflection.

"Hmm"the old man said taking a deep breath.
Shravan didnt look at him.
"Pyaar hua hain? "The old man asked him.
Shravan looked at him. He hung his face
"Nhi esa kuch nhi"he replied sounding low.
"Barkhudar hum bhi kabhi isi umar se guzre hain"

He patted shravan's back.
He contd.
"Pata hain yeh jo khoobsurat sa chand hain aur ye taare hain*He pointed towards the sky*...Hum iski sundarta ko dekhte thakte nhi. Aur suraj ko hum dekhna nhi chahte.Par agar suraj nhi hota toh yeh chand bhi toh nhi hota. Jis jij ki roshni sab ko jala deti hain vahi roshni is khoobsurat jij ko aur khoobsurat karti hain. Pyaar bhi esa hi hain. Pyaar mein aap jalte ho ,jalate ho par aapke pyaar se koi aur rangeen hota hain. "
Shravan looked at him, understanding each and every word of his.
"Par agar kuch galat femiyo ke kaaran aapka pyaar tutne lage toh? "he asked.
The old man smiled at him.
"Vo pyaar hi kya jaha galatfemiya na ho.. Mere pathar maarne par yeh chand ki parchai bigad gayi,Par kya upar asmaan mein chand ko kuch hua?
Nhi na.. vo isliye kyunki aap harr jij bigaad sakte ho, sab bigad sakta hain par jo hain vo hain. Love is divine. U fall in love, u feel it, U die with it. "
A lone tear left from Shravan's eye.
"Pyaar ek ehsaas hain jise aap harr pal jite ho.. use haasil karna ya challenge karna galat hain.. Tum usse pyaar karte ho.. jaakar boldo use.. waqt kisi ke liye nhi rukta.. Tum javaan ho boldo use apne dil ki baat "

"Aapne dadi ko kaise bola tha ?"

"Meine kabhi apna sarr nhi jhukaya kisi ke saamne... Vo phli aur aakhiri hain jinke saamne mein sab bhul jaata hu "

"Aap yaha? "came a lady's voice .
They both turned to see who she was.
A old graceful lady came walking towards them.
Tanya's dadi came towards them.   "Are madam aap yaha?

"Aap yaha bhethe ho aur mein aapko harr jagah doondh rhi thi"she said and smiled at shravan ,he smiled back.

"Beta inse milo yeh hain meri better half ..pichle 55 saalo se hum dono ek dusre ko jhel rahe hain*He said smirking*
*The old lady poked him*Are are aap mazak kar rha tha"

"Aap dono bohut ache lgte ho saath mein"shravan said

"Jo jiske liye bana hain vo saath mein ache hi dikhte hain "the old man said.

"chale? " the old. said holding his hand.

"jaha aap lejao"The old man said laughing. The old man patted Shravan's shoulder and nodded his head ,signalling him to think about what they talked. Shravan nodded a yes. The old couple walked away.
Shravan kept looking at them, they were laughing together, they were living together and moreover everything they were still in love. Unknowingly shravan's lips curved ,he smiled looking at them.
"Sumo"he whispered.
He walked towards his room.
"I love u.. mein ab aur wait nhi kar skta "He said as he walked past the corridor.
Precap:Shravan and suman were walking through the garden ,staring eachother from a distance .