Mate best served cold

I couldn't believe that bastard. He mated someone else. He didn't want to tell me and wasn't going to. It was fine. He could be mated to whomever he wanted he just doesn't need to talk, look, ask, or smell me for anything. How could he? Now because I'm a wolf he wants me. How did I get punished with a mate like him?  What if I never heard him would I have fell for his lies? "Alicia, calm down now is really not the time to let anyone know of your powers." Demeter said soothingly.

"Calm down! My mate is mated to someone else and he only wants me back because I went all supernatural wolf on him! I didn't even know about any of this until I turned!He rejected me and choose someone else, someone who couldn't amount to the love, and other things I could've provided him as his true mate. Do you know how bad this hurts?" I asked exhausted and crying.

"Yes, remember Victoria only wanted me for my powers and plotted to kill me. I'm over that but how do you get over a beautiful young woman you fell in love with who is still in love with her ass of an mate?"

"Demeter-" I started to say but before I could he walked away. How did I get here. I didn't choose this life nor was I born into it. Now I had an ass of a mate and a man who was in love with me but I didn't know who to choose. Yes, Ryan hurt me deep but we were made for each other. As I wiped my eyes I dozed off to sleep.

*The Dream*

"Hello my dear child" Came a sweet voice that belonged to Anastasia.

"Hi... Goddess Anastasia."

"My child I am only Ana here. I do have some things to discuss with you. Firstly, there will be a war and many lives will be sacrificed. To win there is a necklace called 'the Amiraj' it contains a special spell only to be used in dire circumstances. The next thing is I have choosen mates yes but you aren't obligated by any means to be with them. People change and so do the circumstances of a mate. You were born to be a leader and Luna take pride and strength in that. Also, never make a rash decision this can come back to hunt you. Last but not least, my child there is a certain dark aura surrounding you be careful of everyone! For they can take you or a loved one from the light and into the darkness.'

As her voice faded away I could feel myself gain consciousness. Ugh with these dreams and riddles already.  I was about to get up and put on a strong face Ryan could do whatever he wanted as for Demeter I wasn't sure what to do. I mean I had feelings for him but what if Victoria was brought back where would I be. I wish I would have never knew of any of this of freaking werewolves and mates the whole lot of it. Now I'm here heartbroken and mateless. You know what I'm tired of feeling like this if Ryan can mate with another so can I.  I got out the bed and brushed my teeth and ran a brush through my hair. I went downstairs and the smell of barbeque and the loud noises of music and people talking led a path to a backyard filled with people laughing and playing.  It was pretty dark out as I walked out everyone heads turned towards me. "Hi everyone. " I said timidly. Everyone just nodded. This was kind of weird people I knew well not knew but seen around school including teachers just all stared with open mouths as I spotted Demeter I went for the kill not literally of course but to tell him we could date.

"Hey can we talk?" I asked in a rushed whisper. 

"What do you want Alicia?" Demeter asked in a rough tone.

"To say I'm sorry for earlier and I do know how you feel I like you but I don't know if it's love and I can't just get over Ryan when I find out he mated someone else it's harder than that but you made me forget him once and I really do like you so if you could just get over earlier we can go back to normal or at least try this thing called dating." I said out of breath.

"I knew it I knew you couldn't resist my charms and sexiness." he said I was about to reply but the ceremony. was starting "We will finish this later Mr.McDreamy." I replied with a laugh as Ryan mad his way to the podium to speak and initiate us into his pack. "Everyone as you know I found two rogues yesterday on the northern parts of our borders. I have thought it over with the elders and we seem to have come to an agreement that they can join. James Jimmy Lyons and Alicia Renay Henderson will be initiated in the pack tonight. Also the council will be coming with some witch elders for I have found my mate she is Alicia.  Could you come up here darling."Ryan said a little too sweetly. I was fuming mad how dare he tell people this lie I was his mate but now they think I accepted him.