Imagine for a_breeze_blowing_by

Thanks for being patient!

(Your POV)

You sit with your legs folded under you on the couch facing the blank TV. Your mind is full of thoughts and worries, and you just can't seem to do anything but sit there. You've had bipolar depression for as long as you can remember, and today it's struck a little harder than usual. You sigh and sink into the couch.

Suddenly, you hear the front door unlock and soon enough, your boyfriend, Hunter, walks in. He tosses his keys onto the counter and rubs his hands together with a grin. 

"Great day at the studio today! You wouldn't believe how much we got done, it was crazy," he says in a singsong voice as he sinks into the couch beside you. His arm wraps around your shoulders and he presses a kiss to your forehead. "You feel like doing something absolutely spontaneous? Because I feel like I could fly any moment now." He smiles again. You shake your head as you feel tears in your eyes, but you don't know why. Your hands fist around the blanket laying atop of you. Your thoughts are running wild. 

"Is it alright if we just stay home or something?" you ask hesitantly. You really didn't want to ruin the great day he said he was having. Hunter smiles. 

"So, a movie, then?" He looks at you with hopeful eyes. You clench your eyes shut and shake your head slightly. 

"Sorry, Hunter, but I don't really feel like doing anything right now." 

When he doesn't say anything, you look up at him with hesitant eyes. His jaw is tensed and his eyes seem colder than they previously were. 

"I had a fantastic day at the studio and I thought we should celebrate. Is coming home to someone that could at least ask me how my day was too much to ask? Or just a simple hello and happy attitude?" he says with a light tone, but you can tell he's trying not to get mad. 

"I'm sorry, but-" you start, feeling all kinds of emotions run through you; guilt, sadness, and frustration. 

"I swear, it's like you're bipolar or something," he mutters, cutting you off. Your throat closes and a tear runs down your cheek. 

"I am, and you know that," you croak as you stand up from your sitting position on the couch. Hunter stands, too, a look of guilt and regret on his face. 

"Wait-" he starts with his hand extended to touch your face, but you push past him and run to the bathroom, where you lock the door behind you. 

"I'm sorry!" he calls after you. You lean against the door as you feel tears roll freely down your face. His footsteps sound closer and stop when you see his shadow under the door. His breath sounds hurried and frantic. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm so sorry," he rambles through the door. You choke out a sob and cover your mouth with your hands, but he hears you anyways. 

"Please don't cry. I'm so sorry. Please just come out." 

You don't answer and instead slide to the floor. You just want to be alone right now. 

(Hunter's POV)

I feel my heart break as she sobs on the other side of the door. 

"Please don't cry. I'm so sorry. Please just come out," I plead, pressing my forehead against the door. She doesn't answer. I sigh, knowing she probably just wants to be alone, so I slide down the door and sit. And wait.

I must've fallen asleep, because when I wake up, she's sitting with her nose nuzzled into my shoulder on the floor with me against the door. A smile grazes my lips as I wrap an arm around her and pull her closer. She shifts in her sleep and smiles. I sigh a content sigh, sit back, and fall asleep with the one I love the most.