Proposal...Or Nah?

You're POV

"Y/N," Hunter said seriously, getting on one knee. Your hand slaps over your mouth as you gasp. This can't be happening! you thought, about to burst into tears of happiness.

"Yeah?" you breathe as he looks into your eyes and reaches down towards his shoes. Suddenly, he starts tying his shoes.

What?

WHAT?!

"HUNTER EASTON HAYES! How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?!?!" you exclaim, swatting him on the chest as he stands up, laughing.

"Do what?" he asks with an innocent smile. You glare at him and wipe away the tears that you were about to shed.

"You know, if you keep doing that, I'm not going to say yes when you ask for real," you threaten. He chuckles and hugs you to him. "Aw, you love me too much to say no."

"Unfortunately," you growl, causing him to laugh again. "You're too cute," he snickers, a grand smile on his lips. You roll your eyes and jam an elbow in his ribs lightly.

Hunter's POV

So I'm proposing today.

Yeah.

I mean, I shouldn't be so nervous, because I've been prepping myself with fake proposals, just to see how she'll act. Every single time she gets all teary-eyed and excited, so that means that she's gonna say yes, right?

What if she was being serious about saying no? Maybe if I hadn't been such a coward and actually proposed, she'd say yes. Ugh, if she doesn't say yes I'm going to lose my mind!

As Y/N and I walk down the streets of Nashville, we see a street performer with an acoustic guitar. I clear my throat as we near him, and he immediately starts to play the tune of I Want Crazy.

So far, so good.

"Hey, look, this guy's playing your song!" Y/N exclaims, making me stop in front of him, like I'd been hoping. The street performer, Shawn, smiles when he notices everything's going according to the plan.

Across the street, another two street performers start to play along. Y/N turns around and her eyes light up as she sees this.

"Hunter, that's so cool! They know your song!"

"Yeah!" I try to respond with as much enthusiasm and surprise as I can muster. She looks up at me with a knitted eyebrows. "Are you okay, Hunter? You've been acting strange."

"Define strange," I ask her, hoping I sound normal. She shrugs and watches the street performer again.

"Nervous, I don't know, never mind."

She starts to sway to the music and humming along. I laugh and take her hand in mine, spinning her around to face me. "Wanna dance?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow. She looks at me with a sparkle in her eyes and a smile permanently engraved onto her face. "Yeah!"

So we dance right there in the middle of the sidewalk in Nashville, listening to the performers play I Want Crazy.

Though, most of the time I was just standing there, trying not to fall over in laughter.

The end of the song comes, and pretty soon, the familiar tune of Wanted starts, and I feel my nerves shoot through the roof.

Y/N wraps her arms around my neck and mine instinctively go around her waist as we start to slow dance. She lays her head on my shoulder and I sink the words softly into her ear.

"You know I'd fall apart without you,

I don't know how you do what you do.

Cause everything that don't make sense about me,

makes sense when I'm with you.

Like everything that's green girl I need you.

And it's more than one and one makes two.

Put aside the math and the logic of it.

You gotta now you're wanted too."

When the chorus hits, I get down on one knee and take her hand. She gasps and immediately starts crying again.

"Y/N, I wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips I," my voice cracks, "I wanna make you mine."

I finish singing that part, but the street performers continue playing the rest of the song as I pull out the ring and hold it up. Y/N looks down at me and smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"For real this time?"

"For real this time."

She bursts into tears and nods her head frantically. I finally breathe again and stand up to her, a huge smile on my face, and pull her into a passionate kiss.

<><><>

WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE CHURCH BELLS