Chapter 41: Solitude

Monday

**Victor**

I never thought I'd be happy the weekend was over! On Friday I received the unfortunate news that I was needed back home to fulfill one of the commitments I'd made as a condition to my parents letting me move out before I turned 18. The agreement stated that I was to return home for any 3 engagements my parents wanted me to play at until I turned 21. I hated having to return to that life, but the freedom it provided was well work 3 gigs a year.

I hadn't gotten to see my Princess since last Thursday, and today I would finally be able to lay my eyes on her once again and hear that beautiful laugh of hers.

Walking into our Japanese class with a spring in my step, I looked over to our usual spot to find her with her head in a book. Her long hair piled high on her head in a messy bun. The Pink sweater hanging off one shoulder, showing the thin strip of a black tank top underneath. I couldn't see her legs, as they were hidden under the desk, but if I had to guess, I'd say she was wearing athletic pants of some type. We sure brought her enough of them. It brings a smile to my face to see her dressed in things that I bought for her.

"Take a seat please Mr. Morgan." Professor Bell's voice startles me out of my head.

Sang lifts her head to looks at the door, a blinding smile taking over her features as she looks at me. I send her my own shy smile as I walk over and take my seat next to her.

"Alright class, books away and desks cleared. It's time for your midterm. The first half will be 25 written questions. The first 15 will be multiple choice, the last 10 fill in the blank. The second half will be a short conversation with Dr. Green outside in the hallway. Once you are done with your test, you are free to leave. You may begin once you receive your paper."

So much for spending time with Princess.

********

The test was easy enough, I was used to the Doc spouting random things in Japanese when referring to his parents, or if he was really agitated. Suffice to say I was well versed in the language. Unfortunately, that meant that I finished before Sang. She was just handing in her written portion when I went back inside to grab my bookbag.

I whispered to her that I'd be waiting for her outside when she was done. She gave me that amazing smile again and nodded her head.

Turns out that I didn't have to wait long. Only another 10 minutes or so before I saw her bright happy face walking out of the language building. Kota had met up with me while I was waiting since his class usually ends before ours. His Bio professor just had them go over the material for the first part of their midterm on Wednesday.

Sang came walking over to, smile still firmly in place, and gave us both a kiss on the cheek when she stopped in front of us.

"So, what's the pla-"

"Sorenson!" A loud female voice calls across the quad, stopping Sang mid-sentence.

We look to where the voice is coming from, to see team leads Jackie Stewart and Samantha Brookes with their full teams, and a timid girl I don't recognize, standing off to the side. I look to Kota and raise my eyebrow in question, wondering if he knows why they're calling Sang. His gaze is just as curious as mine and it's darting between Sang and the group of girls.

"Sang?" Kota asks.

"I-"

"Let's go Sorenson!" Samantha interrupts her.