Chapter 1: Welcome to My Life

**Sang**

When I walk into my dorm room it looks like a tornado blew through; and judging from the grunts coming from the closet, that tornados name was Kayli. I'd gotten use to Kayli's form of getting dressed from living with her for the last month but this was ridiculous. Her clothes were covering every surface available.

"Um Kayli," I say as I close the door. A grunt is the only response I get. "What are you doing?"

"What the hell does it look like I'm doing!" she exclaims. "I'm looking for an outfit!"

I walk over the piles of clothes to go sit on my bed. "Anything I can help you with?" I ask her, more like anything I can do to see my bed again.

"Yea! You can start by looking through your closet for something to wear."

"Why's that?"

"Because we my friend," She says coming out of her closet with a smile on her face "are going out tonight."

"What? Why?" I ask, feeling slightly annoyed that I'll have to change my plans.

"We got invited to a party tonight across campus." She answers as she dodges around her clothes to come sit next to me. "Come on it'll be fun."

"Why do I have to go?" I ask slightly exasperated.

"Because I'm not going by myself, and I'll be dammed if I let you miss an invite to an Academy party."

"You know someone in The Academy?"

"Yea, that guy Marc in our Japanese class, he's in a few of my other classes. While you were rushing off to your business class he came up and told me about it. Said it was a requirement for all Academy teams and that it wouldn't be so bad with something to distract him." She gives me a sly wink after she says this. "Anyway, I wouldn't mind being eye candy for a hot guy if that means I get invited to a party thrown by the biggest organization on campus. Thus we are going!" She says, slowing down each word to let me know that there will be no debating this.

"Ok, fine, we're going. But what's wrong with what I have on now?" I ask as I look down at myself. I have on a light pink t-shirt, with dark blue boot cut jeans and my black and white converse.

"Because you look like you're going to be lounging around campus all day, INSTEAD of looking like you're going to what is probably going to be one of THE hottest parties of the year!" she exclaims. "Now! Help me find something to wear."

"Fine, but only if you clean up this mess."

"Deal." She replies with a satisfied look on her face.

After helping her pick an outfit, I tell her that I'm going to go take a shower and expect to be able to see my bed when I return. While I'm washing my hair I think about how my life has changed so much in just one short month. Before arriving here, I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be invited to a party, much less a party by the biggest social group to ever walk the earth. Everyone knows that The Academy has a far reach, it's said that once you're a member the possibilities are endless. That's one of the reason's I chose to come here, only the biggest universities have an Academy chapter in most states. I figured I'd try and get on their radar somehow after my first year but this never even occurred as a possibility. The Academy doesn't just let anyone into their circle, and it's so top secret that you don't even know you're up for consideration until you're practically in. To even be invited to one of their parties you have to know someone on the inside. I never even knew Marc was a member; not that I've actually talked to him or anything, but he's usually an active participant in our Japanese class. I suppose super smart would be on the list of Academy requirements.