Chapter Seventeen

Big announcement at the end, make sure to read the author's note!

Chapter Seventeen

Today was the second day I had been at Rhys' house. His father, who had come home late last night, told me that he had his best investigators on the job to try and find my brother. I didn't know I had a brother up until he mentioned it, and pieces of things started to come together about my so-called brother.

His name was Henry and he was barely over two months old. Even with that information my brain racked up, it was still foggy about the rest of my life. For all I know, I could have fifteen brothers and sisters and I didn't even know it.

Rhys touched my arm, shaking me from my thoughts. "Are you okay?" He asked, his eyebrows pulling together in a concerned fashion.

I gave him a small smile. "I'm fine, thanks."

Rhys nodded, picking up his cell phone that had been resting on his thigh. "My dad just texted me. He said that they've located Henry but they need to find a way to get into the house. Henry should be here sometime tonight along with my dad."

My heart constricted in my chest, making me at a loss for words, but I nodded anyway. Rhys' took one of my hands that was in my lap and squeezed it with his.

"Hey, don't worry about this. Henry will be alright." He promised, before bringing my hand up to his lips and gently placing a kiss on my knuckles.

I paled at the feel of his lips, something inside my head was feeling guilty for letting him do that. But, I was helpless as to why I would feel this way. It just didn't sit right with me. I closed my eyes, trying to picture my life before I had been kidnapped.

I could remember bits and pieces of Henry. How he looked when I first held him, how much formula he'd drink each day. But, there was a piece missing. My memories of Henry didn't feel right - it was as if someone else was connected to the memories I had surfaced of Henry, but I couldn't place the person or face.

"Earth to Victoria?"

I snapped my eyes up to Rhys with a questioning glare before he motioned his hand towards Elsa, who was standing in front of both of us - a concerned look crossed over her features. "Sorry, daydreaming." I said passively, waving it off before shooting her a fake smile. "What did you say?"

"I asked if you were fine with lasagna for dinner." Elsa repeated what I didn't here when I was spacing out about my brother.

I nodded. "That sounds wonderful, thank you." I responded, and then she was out of the living room and preparing dinner in the kitchen.

I sighed, running my hands over my face. I really did love Rhys, Elsa and Walter - even though I only talked to him about two times since I was brought here from Richard's house. A few minutes later, Rhys stood up from the couch and mumbled something about helping his mum in the kitchen.

"I really hate this," I muttered to myself, bracing my hands on either side of my head. "I wish I could remember."