Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Lugging two suitcases, suitcases and Biscuits cage with me, I hobbled into the lobby of the Staybridge Suites hotel.

"We'll go check in." Harry said, setting his suitcase down next to Zayn as he and Louis walked up to the check-in counter.

"Three hotels in three days." Ava said in an exasperated voice, before taking a seat in the lobby chairs.

"At least this one isn't a motel." Liam pointed out, and Zayn high-fives him.

"You got that right mate." Zayn commended, smirking at Liam.

My phone started to buzz in the pocket of my light blue shorts. I dug my hand in and retrieved the vibrating phone. Without looking at the caller I.D I pressed the answer button and moved a little away from the main lobby, ignoring the looks Ava and the boys were giving me.

"Hello?"

"Ah Victoria, it's Chet calling from Jon's phone." Chet replied, in his usual happy-go-lucky voice.

"Oh, hey Chet," I responded, wondering why he was calling me at about three-thirty in the afternoon.

"You're probably wondering why I'm calling, and well- to put it bluntly, it's about your mother." Chet explained, some shuffling noise was present in the background.

"If it's about me going too see her, and Henry, I will. Just not right now." I said, letting out a long exasperated sigh.

Chet laughed humorlessly. "I wish that's why I was calling, love. But your mother is well, ill."

"What?"

"We've just taken her too the hospital. Ever since the birth of Henry she had been getting signs of the flu, but I don't think it's that." Chet said, concern evident in his voice.

I knew I shouldn't have cared with the way my mother has treated me these past few months, but hearing the worry in Chet's voice broke me.

"Do you want me to come home?" I asked, and cringed at the word home.

Chet sighed, and the other end was silent for a few seconds. "Not yet. I'll have Jon call you if we get any updates."

I let out a silent breath out relief that I didn't have to travel back to England so soon. "Thanks Chet, let my mom know I hope everything goes well. Give my love to Kayley and Jon okay?"

Chet muttered something incoherent before the line clicked off, signaling that he had hung up. I sighed, running my hands over my face and shoving my phone back into my short's pocket. Walking back into the lobby, I saw Louis and Harry were done checking out and the rest of the group was just milling around in the lobby.

I smiled apologetically, "Sorry for the wait," I paused looking at Louis who was shooting me a concerned glance. "My mum called." I lied, thinking of the only reasonable answer I could muster up.

Ava's eyes widened slightly. "Really? What did she want?"

I shrugged, "To ask if I was going to visit Henry any time soon." 

"And?" Liam prompted, giving me a small grin.