Chapter Eight Part One

"You did great babe."

Louis smiled at me, giving me a peck on the cheek. "Thank you. I think this is going to be an amazing first video."

I nodded in agreement. From the way the director just let the boys' be themselves, it was going to be one awesome video. I took the striped towel from Louis' hands, and reached up to dry his damp hair free of ocean water.

"I can feel the salt in my hair." Louis complained, his face scrunching up in disgust.

I tsked, patting down his damp hair. "Don't be such a girl. I'm the girlfriend here."

"Obviously I mean you have the-"

"Louis," A high voice said behind us, interrupting Louis' sentence. He turned around, my arms frozen in mid-air.

The girl behind him smiled sweetly at him, before glancing back at me. "I didn't know you had a personal stylist." She said, motioning her hands back towards me.

I looked at the girl with confusion, whose dark brown hair was neatly tied up into a high pony-tail, revealing her well structured face. She flashed me a fake apologetic smile, before returning her gaze towards Louis who looked equally confused. 

"She's not my personal stylist." Louis said, slinging an arm over my shoulders, "This is Victoria, my girlfriend." 

The girl, whose name I had yet to learn, looked me over before crossing her arms below her chest. "Oh. It's nice to meet you." 

I nodded, giving her a sarcastic smile. "Likewise." 

She advanced foreword towards Louis, resting her arm on his forearm boldly. I guess Louis' other arm around me meant nothing to her. Didn't she hear him say I was his girlfriend? Louis looked down at her perfectly manicured fingers curling around his arm.

"The director said for me to come and get you. He needs to ask you about re-doing a scene." Her gaze trailed over me, and her upper lip curled in distaste, "Should I tell him you can't because you're with your girlfriend?" 

Louis looked over and me and pecked the side of my head, giving me a wide smile. "Victoria can handle herself, right Vic?" I nodded. "I'll be back shortly love."

Before I knew it, his arm disappeared from around my shoulders and he was walking down the beach towards the director - with the girl walking too close for comfort next to him. It didn't help all she was wearing was a bikini top and some athletic shorts. 

I sighed, moving up the beach towards a variety of rocks all lined up near the grass area. I took a seat on one of the larger boulders, crossing my right leg over my left leg. Dropping my purse to the sand beneath me, I watched as Louis chatted with the director, and the brunette from earlier shielding her eyes from the sun while nodding at something the director was saying. 

No more than five minutes had passed and sitting on the hard, cold boulder started to get uncomfortable. I shifted when I felt a vibrating sensation run through my upper right thigh. I stuck my hand in my shorts' pocket, reaching for my phone before I grasped the device and clicked the answer button right away. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Vic. It's Jon."