Chapter Fourteen

Before the story A/N: I normally hate third person stories or chapters, but I feel like this chapter being in third person can depict all their emotions(which I'm terrible at, but I'm trying here). Hope you enjoy!

Please remember to comment. I love votes, but I love comments more.

Chapter Fourteen

One and a half weeks later

Victoria's house - 6:13pm

Louis was perched on the couch, hands balled into fists in his lap as he gazed at the police officer standing in front of him. Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Ava were scattered amongst the living room - seated wherever there was an available seat.

The officer, who had the name Kenneth, etched into his uniform smiled solemnly at the group of teenagers with wary looks on their faces. He took in a deep breath, before delivering the news that was part of his job description. Kenneth looked down at the clipboard he clutched in his hands with the police report attached., before reading aloud what was printed;

"Victoria Green was found dead in South Wales at approximately 10:26pm two nights ago. Her body was beyond identification, but the South Yorkshire Police conducted a DNA test that came out positive to be Victoria Green. Although there is no one in custody at this moment, the police are doing everything they can to find possible suspects." Officer Kenneth read, before looking up at the group one more time.

Liam stepped forward, putting a hand out for the officer to shake. "Thank you Officer Kenneth."

Officer Kenneth nodded, "I give my condolences to you all regarding your loss."

Liam guided Officer Kenneth towards the front door and exchanged a brief good-bye with him, before shutting the door. Ava, who was currently leaning against the threshold had her hand over her mouth, tears welling up inside her eyes.

She couldn't believe, that after only two years of knowing Victoria - she was gone. The girl she called her best friend had been kidnapped and murdered. Murdered by someone that was still out there. She could imagine the triumphant grin that the killer had plastered on their face at this exact moment.

Head aching, Ava clutched the wooden frame of the threshold and bit her lip, letting the sobs rack through her body. Her heart dropped, imaging Victoria's body laying lifeless on the floor of an unknown killers house. She suddenly felt sick, and through her tears she cupped her mouth with her hand and sprinted towards the bathroom - sobs echoing in the silent hallway.

Liam joined the rest of the boys back in the living room where Zayn and Louis sat on the floor staring off into the unknown thoughts of their minds. Liam closed his eyes, and with a shake of his head he ruled that the thought of Victoria being dead could not be true. He couldn't let one police officer with a little slip of paper tell him that.

"She's, gone?"

The boys all turned their heads towards Louis, whose statement seemed more like a question. His eyes, glazed over as he stared at the floor, held a hint of confusion. His girlfriend, the girl he was going to marry and grow old with, was now dead.

Niall stood up from his seat on the recliner and moved to sit next to Louis. He slung an arm over his shoulder in an effort to comfort him. "Mate, I hate to say it - but she is."

"If we had just been here - damn it if we were all here!" The statement was nostalgic, remembering the past with longing. Harry stood up, fisting his hands into his curly locks. He pulled on the strands of hair hard, as if punishing himself for not being there for his family.