Bonus Chapter: In Four Years

This is set before everything happened in this book. We start with their middle school days then we'll go to their freshman year.

“A hundred?” Lucas growled as he stared at the money that my supposed boyfriend was waving at my face.

Blake looked down at the money before pocketing it, “Just a bit of fun before we leave this place.”

I gripped the box in my hand – it contained the watch that I knew Blake was eyeing for a long time. It was supposed to be our one month anniversary and I planned to give it to him as a gift.

Should have known that even this anniversary dinner he was saying that he would take me is all a lie.

“So you’re breaking up with her?” Lucas asked, leaning against the wall nonchalantly but there was something else laced in his voice, I just can’t figure out what.

“Maybe,” he shrugged, “Have you seen her anywhere? I’ve been looking all over the school.”

I was even planning to make sure that I gave the gift after school to make it special. I avoided him on purpose so my surprise wouldn’t be found out.

“Not everywhere!” I finally yelled and that’s when I finally allowed the tears to spill.

Everything was lie, and I was that stupid smitten little naïve girl who thought love was even possible.

Their heads whipped around to see me and shock was written all over their faces. I shook my head in both anger and sadness. I thought that we were going to be one of those rare middle school couples that would last forever.

Nothing lasts forever, I guess.

I chucked the box at his head before I turned around to run. I heard them call after but I just kept sprinting ahead, I never want see those stupid Smith Brothers ever again.

When I was moping around in my room, I should have expected that the new would travel fast and my best friends would eventually find out before I could even tell them.

“I’ll beat up Blake Smith until he can no longer walk!” Jessica growled, barging into my room with Lillian in tow.

“Girls,” I sniffled, rubbing the snot from my nose with the back of my hand, “What did I do to deserve this.”

I started to cry again, tears that I thought had ran out started to flow once again from my eyes.

“Oh Cel,” Lillian cooed, sitting on the bed next to me and she pulled into her arms as I sobbed onto her shoulder.

“That idiot,” Jessica sneered, pacing back and forth on my carpeted floor, “To play with you for a hundred bucks?!” she snorted with disgust, “He’s loaded, a hundred would only be pocket money for him.”

Lillian handed me box of tissue and I plucked one before blowing my nose with it. Earlier today, I overheard Blake talking to his brother that he finally got his payment for making me go out with him. He even waved the hundred dollars as if it was the greatest trophy he achieved.

Love sucks.

“I even gave him my first kiss,” I sobbed, “He must have been so disgusted with me.”

“That’s not true!” Jessica defended, “You’re gorgeous, Cel. Any guy who can’t see that must have been dropped as baby.”

I wiped my tears with another tissue before I escaped Lillian hold of me. I stood up and walked to my full-length mirror, examining my whole body.

No wonder Blake will only date me because of a bet. I was thin as a twig and I’m blind without my thick glasses. The girl that I was looking at was horrible – the scary part is, it’s me.