Chapter Thirty-One: Stop Talking

Now that Drew and I are official, it was time for the world to know. Well, we had to start of somewhere and that place was my parents.

I stood in front of my parents with my hands twisting behind my back as I tried to wrack my brain for something intelligible.

Nope, nothing.

“Celeste, we don’t have all day,” my father impatiently said, taking a sip of his coffee, “And you’ll be late for school.”

“Drew and I are going out,” I suddenly blurted out.

They didn’t seem phase by this and they only looked at me, “And?”

“That’s it?” mom asked with a perfectly raised eyebrow.

Huh?

“Go to school, Celeste, you’ll be late,” my father shooed.

“Wait, no violent reaction?” I asked.

“I thought we already had talk,” dad pointed out, “And we still want to have dinner with the boy.”

I clamped my mouth shut and my parents dismissed me. Well, two people down, now it’s time for the whole school to know.

“By the way, my sister’s coming to visit,” Jazzy informed when I passed her.

I almost forgot that Jazzy had a sister. She used to talk endless stories about her and back then, I was so anxious to meet her. Well, that was before I found out she was Drew’s ex. Right now, I have mixed emotions with my maid’s news.

 “Great,” I didn’t show any emotion in my voice. I wasn’t bouncing with joy but I wasn’t also mad. I’m not one of those people who would judge so quickly based on the story I hear.

“Goodbye, Celeste.”

“Bye,” I waved, jiggling my car keys in my hand as I made my way to the elevator.

Turned out that I didn’t need my keys. Drew was waiting for me by the couches at the lobby. I spotted him near the unlit fireplace, tapping lazily on his phone.

“Hey,” I greeted, slowly walking up to him.

He lifted his gaze from his phone, “Finally,” he said, tucking the device in his pocket before standing up, “I’ve been waiting for fifteen minutes already.”

“You could have at least informed me that you were here,” I sassed, “Why are you here anyway?”

“Doing my first boyfriend duty,” he joked, “Now come on.”

He said the word boyfriend. I still had to get used to fact that we were already dating. We have labels, we’re finally official.

“By the way, you’re having dinner with my parents,” I informed him, getting on his bike with his assistance, “I hope nothing will happen this time.”

He nodded and handed me his helmet, “I knew this was coming.”

I shrugged and response and wrapped my arms around his waist as he started driving to the street. I completely got rid of my phobia of his motorcycle. I now sat comfortably behind him while I trusted the boy in front of me with my life.

People at school already gotten used to the fact that we were friends but I have no idea how they will react when they find out that we’re dating. When Drew took a turn to the school, my anxiousness grew.

“You know,” he started, killing of the ignition, “How about you stop thinking what other people think?”

“Easy for you to say,” I mumbled, taking off his helmet and shook my hair up a little, “I have a reputation to protect.”