Chapter Thirty-Four: Long Way To Go (Lucas' POV)

Chapter Thirty-Four (Lucas' POV)

Not proofread.

She lifted a hand to cover her mouth as she threw her head back and laughed at something he said. I should be the one making her laugh, I should be the one who she looked at with so much adoration. I’ve known her longer, I should have a better chance with her.

But no.

“Lucas, are you listening?” Rebecca’s voice made me switch my gaze from the couple to her. I nodded absentmindedly and she seems contented with this as she continued to drone on.

Does this girl ever shut up? It always seems like she has a new story to tell.

I looked at my brother and let out a sad sigh of envy when I saw him happily chatting with his girlfriend. That’s another talkative girl, I have no idea how Blake manage to endure that. Jessica said something that clearly made him happy because a huge smile broke into my brother’s face.

Even though I’m not really close with Jessica, I’m still happy that she can make my twin smile.

He looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile before returning to his girlfriend. Everybody’s right, I’m not happy with Rebecca.

Returning my attention to Celeste, I watched as she smiled at Everett. It was like she was looking at the very thing her world revolved around.

As much as I hate to admit it, Everett won her. When I look at him as he makes Celeste laugh, it was obvious that she likes him as much as he does her.

When Jessica leaned away from Blake to say something to Lillian, my bother lifted his gaze to meet mine. He saw where I paying attention to and gave me a sympathetic nod. I shook my head and looked down, it was too painful of thinking about her with another man.

“I’m going to pee,” I announced though I’m positive nobody heard me. I stood from my seat and headed out of the cafeteria.

The minute I did, a girl wrapped her arms around and me and basically purred into my ear, “Hey.”

I looked down at her as she pressed her chest onto my torso. I should have gotten turned on by this, I should have snuck her away to the janitor’s closet and have my way on her.

But I didn’t.

Slowly, I made her unwrap her arms from me and walked around her, “Not interested,” I rejected, I didn’t even look back to see her reaction.

“Just because you had a girlfriend doesn’t mean you should change!” she yelled causing me to halt and turn around.

“What did you say?” I gritted out, glaring at her.

She smirked, I just given her the attention she wanted. She slowly walked to me, swaying her hips side to side as the sound of her heels clacking on the floor, “Dear Rebecca won’t know a thing.”

It wasn’t Rebecca that I was worried about. It was the brown eyed brunette that got me all me worked up. The same girl who was probably hanging onto every single word that comes out of Everett’s mouth.

Even if I knew I lost the battle, I still want her to be proud of me. I could already picture her face in my head when she knew that I succumb to this girl’s seduction.

Damn you, Celeste.

“Do both of us a favor and leave me alone,” I gritted out, turning on my heel and continue to my destination.

She was changing my ways. I want her so badly, that should be making her laugh back inside the cafeteria.

But I’m not. She’s not mine.