Chapter Thirty-Two: Fix You

None of the three seemed to notice my appearance so I ducked out of the room and pressed myself against the wall next to the doorway.

Curiosity killed the cat.

"So, Drew, what do you think of our daughter," I heard my father slowly say.

"She's great, sir. She's kind, genuine, smart and whatnot?"

"That sounds like Celeste," my mother beamed, pride practically dripping from her voice, "But that's not what we're after."

There was a pause for a moment; maybe Drew was waiting for my parents to say what answer they wanted.

"What do you feel about her?"

I slowly tapped my fingers on the wall as I waited for the answer myself. I knew Drew was thinking slowly and hard, he was choosing his words carefully inside his head.

"I like her," he started, "A lot."

My lips tugged upward at this, Drew never actually straight out said that he liked me. It was always the kisses or the sweet gestures that makes me aware of what he's feeling. A gleam of happiness illuminated inside of me to find out he gained the courage to say it right in front of my parents.

"She's somebody I'm not, yet we're also the same," he further stated, "Her eyes shine with this determination that makes her unstoppable, she'll light up if she saw something she likes, her laugh is contagious and you'll soon find yourself joining in her joy."

"Drew," my mom halted his sweet words, "Are you sure you want to be thrown into our world?"

My breathing hitched as I depended on the wall to support my weight. What are they going to tell him?

"What do you mean?" he asked, as clueless as I was.

"I bet you can clearly see what has happened to your father," my father spoke, mentioning something so taboo.

"The business world is messy, Celeste will soon be in this world once she got her degree," mom explained, "I don't want my daughter to be caught into some simple infatuation that will make her lose her focus."

What the?

"You must know well that she can't and will not be played. You should be dedicated to Celeste, the whole Graham's company will be nestling on the future heir," my dad's voice was authorities, leaving no room for arguments.

I was actually itching to finally pop out of my spot and make them stop discussing whatever they are talking about but before I even placed my foot forward, Drew calmly spoke.

"I get it that your daughter has been drawn for her since the day she was born. Your lives are messy and full of scandals but I think my family isn't perfect either."

Adjusting my position carefully, I peeked through the doorway at a specific angle so they wouldn't be able to see me.

"I care about your daughter. I know that she has accepted me for who I am, even with my - excuse me for my language - shitty life," he told them, "And I'm willing to stay by her side even with the dirty business that money brings."

My parents looked thoughtful for awhile; Drew still sat there with his stoic expression, waiting for their reaction.

Not to brag or anything but, that's my man.

"You really like her, don't you?" mom smiled.

"Very much," Drew nodded.

My father stood up from his seat and moved around the table to Drew's side. My eyes were trained on his body the whole time, preparing to enter the room at any moment.