Chapter Eighteen: Happy Birthday (Drew's POV)

Chapter Eighteen (Drew’s POV)

 “Drew wake up!” I groaned as I heard my little sister’s squeaky voice.

I cracked one eye open to see Savannah bouncing up and down on my bed as she kept on yelling, “Happy birthday, Drew!”

“Shut up,” I rolled over, using my pillow as an instrument to block out her loud voice.

I seriously planned to sleep all throughout my birthday but my family had other plans. The next thing I knew, my blanket was pulled off of my body making the cold temperature creep up.

“What the hell?!” I yelled in exasperation as I stared at my grinning sister who had my blanket in her tiny hands.

“Mommy told me to wake you up,” she said innocently, batting her green eyes.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the blanket from her hands and lay down to resume my slumber.

This however resulted to Savannah yelling at the top of her lungs, “Mommy, Drew won’t get up!”

Footsteps echoed from outside until my mother stepped at the doorway, “Drew, get up already, somebody’s waiting for you downstairs.”

With another groan, I threw my covers off of me and sat up. A victorious smile made its way onto my sister’s lips.

“It’s my birthday,” I mumbled under my breath, “I’m supposed to sleep all day.”

My mom shook her head, “Hurry up and get dressed,” she told me before disappearing from my room.

I stared at Savannah, “Who’s here?”

“Celeste!” she giggled, hopping off of my bed and following our mother downstairs.

I paused for a moment to register the name that my sister said. Why the hell was she here?

I stood up and grabbed some fresh clothes before heading to the bathroom. I changed out of my shirt and boxers that I wore to bed and brushed my teeth. With a nod of satisfaction that I at least looked human, I got out of the bathroom and headed downstairs.

The moment I stepped into the kitchen, a whiff of chocolate chip pancakes invaded my nose. My favorite!

“Took you long enough,” My mother tsked as she flipped a pancake on a pan. I looked at the kitchen island to see Celeste listening intently to whatever my sister was saying.

“Drew’s a meanie,” Savannah grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Is he now?” Celeste giggled, turning her head to my direction.

Why did I find that giggle so adorable?

“Did you know?” she started, leaning to whisper something to Savannah, “He’s a bigger meanie to me.”

“No he’s not!” Savannah suddenly screeched, “He doesn’t play with me, he always bullies me and he always beats me to the bathroom.”

Another giggle that I loved escaped Celeste’s lips, “But did you know you’re lucky to have Drew?”

This perked my interest as I shifted closer, Celeste caught my gaze and gave me that cute smile of hers.

“Why?” Savannah questioned, tilting her head to the side.

“Because you have a brother that cares for you,” she smiled, reaching out to ruffle my sister’s hair.

“But he’s still a meanie,” Savannah pouted.