Falling For The Opposite

This book is currently published under Pop Fiction/Summit Media. This is the unedited version available only on Wattpad. For full details about the published version, go to the chapter titled 'Published' at the very end/

Watch the trailer on the side, it was made by LikeAMillionBucks to whom this chapter is dedicated to.

Introduction  

"Celeste, are you coming home with us?" my best friend, Jessica, asked me and I looked up from my notebook. I saw all of my friends standing up and was already on their way to the door.

"I still have to finish these reports," I replied with a frown.

They nodded in understanding, "We'll see you tomorrow," they hollered when they were already out of the room. I groaned in frustration as I stared at the amount of work that I had to do as student body president.

With the winter formal coming up, all everybody can talk about was the dance. I still had to look over the requests form given to me by the dance committee. I had to submit also the reports to the school principal on how the student conduct performance was doing.

Who said being student body president was easy?

After an hour passed, I was finally done with the paperwork. I stuffed everything inside my bag after I safely tucked them in each folder and stood up. When I got out of the classroom I was working in, I noticed that it was already dark outside.

Walking through the halls of the school, I noticed that one of the classroom doors was wide open. Curiosity got me and I took a peek inside. I was surprised to see a figure hunched back with only the light from his phone as the only source of light in this room.

His face was being illuminated thanks to the device in his hands but it was nobody I recognize. His hair was obviously disheveled and it seems like he has been running his hand through it multiple times already.

I cautiously walk up to where he's seated and tapped on his shoulder. His head shot up so quickly that I was scared that he'll end up with a neck pain.

"Hi," I greeted awkwardly and he was giving me look that clearly says, 'What the fuck are you doing here?'

His face was turned into a scowl, "What are you doing here?" he asked rudely and I lifted my brow. This guy was a lot ruder than I expected.

"I was finishing some work," I explained, counting numbers inside my head to calm me down, "What are you doing here?" I repeated the question he fired at me.

"None of your business," he scoffed and I can practically see my temper dying down. Before I can even say something, all of the electricity turned off.

The lights in the hallway were no longer giving you the sense of comfort and the only thing that would help you to see is the light coming from the moon outside. I turned my attention back to the guy, opening my mouth to ask him what happened. The knowing look he had on, it was obvious that he knew our situation.

"Looks like we're locked in," the guy who I was talking to said in a scarily calming voice.

 Uh Oh.

---------------------------------------

Well, introductions are sometimes meant to be short but don't worry, chapters will gradually become longer.

This is my first story so please tell me what you think.