Chapter Four: Leaving His Bike

Chapter Four

Awkward, uncomfortable, compromising, unpleasant… shall I go on?

Drew and I are currently inside the classroom where I’m sitting at the farthest corner away from him while he’s guarding the door so I couldn’t escape.

The fact that we just got locked in – again, if I might add – didn’t seem to faze him one bit. I on the other hand, got out of the phase of panic and my annoyance surfaced once again. I stubbornly went to this chair where I’m sitting on right now and proceeded to ignore him.

I’m silently praying that John comes to my rescue and release me from this tension filled room. It was already so dark outside and I’m incredibly sleepy due to the happening of today. Gym class was tough for me, I’m not exactly very athletic and we played dodge ball today. I got hit straight on the face, making my nose hurt all day.

Not to mention the fact I got little sleep last night because of this jerkass got me worried causing me to stay up. I got enough sleep to trust myself with my car today, but right now, I have no idea how I’m going to drive home.

I really could go for a cup of coffee right now. I stole a glance of Drew and he got his eyes trained on his phone, probably playing with some app.

I groaned before finally resting my head in my arms which was on the table and allowed sleep to conquer my sensed. I closed my eyes and blocked out the rest of the world.

 *

*

*

I was moving, there was no doubt about it but I wasn’t walking. I feel my feet dangling and my head resting on something which I’m sure isn’t my arms anymore.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was brown hair. I tilted my head to the side and gasped when I realized I was being carried by Drew along the hallway. I started kicking and flailing my arms and he seemed caught off guard by this because he started losing his balance.

“Stop moving,” he growled as he bent down and I can feel the floor beneath my feet. He handed my bag and as much as I was annoyed at him, I should at least thank him that he didn’t just leave me inside that classroom.

“Thanks,” I muttered and he only nodded in response. I tried to rub the sleep away from my eyes with no such luck. I yawned and that didn’t go unnoticed by Drew.

“Are you going to drive alone in that state?” he asked, concern plastered on his face.

Drew is concerned? Pfft... Yeah right.

“Yeah,” I replied but I also fear for my safety. What if I fell asleep while driving and I suddenly crash into something causing my death?

When we got outside, the cold temperature helped wake me up a little but it also made me think of my warm bed back home.

I slapped my cheeks to help me wake up but the only thing I got from that is an amused look from Drew. I sighed and walked down the step of the school and headed for my car. Surprisingly, Drew was trailing right behind me.

When I took out my keys, he quickly grabbed it from my hands and I glared at him. Before I could say anything to protest his actions, he opened his mouth, “I’m not letting you drive where there’s a possibility that you could end up in the hospital. I’m driving you”

As much as I liked his concern, I reminded myself that I was still mad at this guy. I was about to tell him off when another yawn escaped my lips. Thinking about what he said, I only nodded and walked around to the passenger seat, “What about your motorcycle?”