Chapter 1 - Me

- edited -

Dear Someone,

I’ve found your address on a desolate site, I don’t know if you want this. But I’m lonely, so I was searching on google for some 'new friends'. I have email friends and then somehow I ended up on this penpal site. 

I know this sounds really awkward, but I liked your address name. That’s probably the main reason why I’m writing this failing letter to you.

You can respond, if you want of course. But don’t feel you have to do it, because I'd understand if you don’t want to reply to a total stranger.

I’m so desperate to do this, you know?

You're probably thinking, why the heck is she writing to me? Like she doesn’t have friends or something, however it’s the truth…

Oh God, I really have to stop letting my heart out already.

I don’t even know if you are a boy of a girl... I don’t even know your name...

You don’t have to say your name of course! You have seen that I used ‘someone’. I think it's funny if you use somebody or something. It fits with each other, right? So you can use ‘somebody’. I thought, it fits with each other, right?

Okay, that sounded really immature and childish. Sorry.

I should stop now, I’m being really strange now... I still hope that I get a reply back though, because otherwise I’m embarrassing myself for nothing. ;p

Sorry for wasting your time. I really am.

Just throw this letter in the dustbin, it belongs there I guess.

Love,

a foolish girl.

I put my pen slowly down, examining the letter that was lying before me. I sighed as I looked through my window. There were dark clouds surrounding the bright blue sky. A little bird landed down on one of the branches and started chirping loudly It seemed quite easy to be a bird. Just flying where ever you want. Seemed really cool. 

But I’m not a bird, unfortunately.

A cold wind hit my skin as the bird flew away and so did my thought. I shivered and rubbed with my hands on my bare arms trying to get some warmth. It didn't help so I searched for my jumper. After finding it under my bed and I yanked it out from under a old text book and pulled it on. 

Unconsciously, my eyes travelled to my desk; to my letter what was finished and ready to send to someone I didn't know.

Should I do it? Should I send it to her or to him?  

I hoped from the bottom of my heart it was a girl, not a boy. Because I was really bad with boys. One time, a really cute and definitely hot boy walked towards me, and I was so nervous that my knees began to get weak and I almost landed with my face on the floor, but the boy - who was so sweet - stopped me, but instead of falling alone the boy fell with me. The whole school saw it and started laughing. I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the school with tears in my eyes. The boy never spoke to me ever again.. 

Should she (or he) really reply back to person that was so hopeless to find a penpal? And then, what would happen next? 

My deep thoughts were interrupted by my mother’s lovely scream, “DINNER! NOW!” Her call echoed in our house. Couldn't she just for one time in her entire life move her ass and come upstairs and ask me politely? No she probably couldn’t.

Oh God, I was totally forgotten to tell you who I am. I'm so stupid. Sorry for that.

I’m Chloe, Chloe Mills.

Don’t forget that name, because you will hear it for a few more times I guess.

I think you can guess that I’m a girl. I have brown curly hair, and yes, it is natural. I don’t make my curls. That’s fake, and I hate fakeness. I’m not very long and I hated that. I hated that so much.

It was just so annoying sometimes. Most of the times I heard behind my back ‘leprechaun’ or ‘sorry, I didn’t saw you.’

Argh, shut up.

But yeah.. I can't change that, can I?

But I’m Chloe, Chloe Mills who was searching for a pen pal.

I’m Chloe that just after dinner put the letter in the damn postbox..

And now she’s hoping that she get a reply back, desperate isn’t it?

I’m Chloe, Chloe Mills.

Nice to meet you.