Chapter 25: lol you thought

Everyone knew by now for the reason that katie didn't shut up about it.

Everyone knew that katie and Grant were dating.

Only a few knew what Josh did.

Only a few cared.

Josh
Was
Dying...

Yes okay that's dramatic but this is the theatre and the theatre is dramatic. Anyway back to the story:

The next day while backstage Katie told everyone about how she thought grant stood her up but he actually didn't and was actually a real gentleman and she was falling fast and hard for him. Oh it was getting real.

Josh was doing the opposite. He didn't talk about last night. It hurt to much. Way to much. It destroyed him. He was 👌 close to telling her he was in love with her. But he didn't. He couldn't. No. So he sighed and slowly got ready.

Katie was so excited because Grant was seeing the show tonight and they were going to dinner tonight and he promised her be there. He even texted when he picked up his ticket and sent her a pic of it. He was so excited to see her. And she was excited to see him.

She squealed "he's here look he sent a pic of his ticket!!" The girls chuckled "head over heels much?" One teased. She blushed "no it's just sweet ya know? I mean he didn't have to come and he did. Tickets are expensive." "Yeah yeah yeah. What are you gonna do when we go to the next city? You can't keep dating him..." "We aren't dating we are just....ya know..." "Dating." She interrupted and katie groaned causing everyone to laugh

"Places for top of show places." The PA said. "You ready to perform for your boo katie?" CHAZ asked her standing in the hall toward backstage and she giggled blushing "ssshhh..." He just chuckled and josh frowned "he's here? Gerald." "His name is Grant Joshua." Josh sighed. That was the first thing she'd said to him since last night and she walked away.

Katie performed never once remembering her mission to look our for the killer. She performed well and during intermission she peeked to look for Grant and saw him and her heart melted. She was so excited to see him after the show and go to dinner. She brought a nice dress and already knew how to get ready and Meredith said she'd help her. David walked up to her "katie?" "Hey...." She didn't know his name it was AKWARD "I'm David." "Right I knew that." She chuckled awkwardly. He sighed "I just wanted to tell you that I'm here for you all the guys are. If this guy hurts you tell us okay?" She giggled "thanks David but he would never hurt me." "That's not what Josh said....said he stood you up last night." She glared at the wall "he WHAT?!" He flinched at her yelling "was that not what happened? Said he broke your heart he was ready to kill him. We all were." She pushed past him and walked toward the dressing room when she heard "places for act two." Ugh she hated she was in the first scene in act two. She'd kill josh. He was dead meat.

She did king of New York sending stink eyes to josh when she could. She never saw him the rest of act two. She tripped him in curtain calls she was so irritated at him. He was ruining EVERYTHING. she huffed and walked off to get ready. She went into the dressing room and started getting ready. Josh came barging in "what the hell katie?!" "Josh I'm not talking to you!" "My OTP what's going on?" Ethan frowned "Ethan get put adults are talking." Josh snapped "YIU do NOT get to talk to him that way! You don't get to talk to anyone that way Joshua!" "Why are YIU so mad at me?! What did I do?!" "YIU are telling everyone grant stood me up!" "Because he did!" She slapped him "get out I don't wanna talk it you go have fun with Your boyfriend." She spat. He glared at her. he didn't correct her just stormed out.

She sighed and sat back down and Meredith looked at her shocked "Ka-" "don't." She snapped and sighed again "I'm just gonna get ready you don't need to help Meredith." "I'll help you darling just tell me what's wrong?" She asked and katie sighed "it's a long story." "It takes a while to straighten your hair." "Touché." The two giggled and katie told her everything even About her feelings for josh. Meredith laughed "what?" Katie asked defensively "nothing YIU just care to much darling. You always want to know everything and be ahead of the game. Just relax and don't think to far ahead okay? It's all gonna be okay in the long run I know it just have faith in yourself and your future." Katie smiled and hugged her "thanks mom." She joked and Meredith laughed again "god I'm everyone's mother aren't i?" "Yup it's why we keep you around" katie teased and Meredith rolled her eyes as she finished up Katie's hair and makeup.