chapter 13: this is awkward...

A boy with red hair laughed "it sounded like you said you love Josh." "Katie!?!" Josh asked confused. "Katie Colour. Age-" "Ben shut up!" josh grumbled and punched ben's arm. Ben rubbed his arm "rude." he whispered and went and sat down by himself. Katie stood awestruck

"Katie what are you...?" "Josh what are YOU..."

"Katie is joining the cast. And Josh has been on tour since the start." the director said "why are you so late Josh?" one asked "when are Josh and Ben /not/ late." one teased and they all laughed. Josh turned red. Katie still couldn't believe Josh was here and that they were in the same show.

"Take your seat Josh. Katie here was just introducing herself." "well that's about it... i like..or love..." "Joshie." the redhead sitting front row teased. She turned red. "Awe dangit sky you made her turn redder than your stupid hair." one yelled to the redhead "oh shut up demarius." he shoved him but they were both smiling. Katie awkwardly walked back to her seat by Chaz which luckily was on the other side from where Josh was sitting with Ben. Ben was whispering things to Josh and Josh was still blushing, but so was Katie.

"Psst..." Chaz whispered and she jerked her head to him and he chuckled "you were staring." "huh?" "at Josh. Katie you need to talk to him. He's your friend isn't he?" "i thought so...i just. I think i annoyed him. He stopped texting me and now he's....oh never mind." he rolled his eyes and suddenly stood up. The director at stopped talking "JOSH!" he called.

Josh jumped ten feet in the air and looked over. Chaz had run away mumbling "good luck." leaving katie sitting alone. And she blushed and gulped looking at him. He did the same. Ben gave him a murderous yet robotic look. "I'll be right back..." he said to Ben and stood up.

Katie held her breath as he walked over to her. "This seat taken?" he asked gesturing to the empty seat by katie "by you." she winked and clicked her tongue making finger guns. She mentally groaned God she could be weird sometimes. She just needed to chill. But she was checking nervous.

Josh laughed awkwardly and sat down and stared at his hands in his lap "so uh...um...you're in newsies that's great." he smiled and looked at her. She blushed "yeah and you are too so that's cool..." they both nodded. (the awkwardness is killing me)

Katie bit her lip and looked up at him "why are things awkward here?" she asked almost at a whisper "is it still because i lied to you...a lot?" "I lied too...." he whispered

"Look let's just forget about it okay? I'll be totally honest now i mean my secret's out." she laughed nervously "yeah and mine is too..." they both laughed awkwardly then sighed.

"How about i give you a tour?" Josh suggested. Katie smiled big "i'd love that!!" "we can go and play with the props if Ben and the stage manager arent back there." he whispered and she just laughed "you know you aren't supposed to touch other people's props..." "ugh Katie you're no fuuuun." he whined. She just laughed and he suddenly pulled her up and dragged her onto the stage and into the stage left wing.

A/N sorry its so short! hope you enjoy. dont forget to comment lots and vote!!