Chapter 24: thats what it means to be a friend

A/N I've been waiting for this chapter for longer than I choose to admit

Katie had just finished bows and ran backstage to get ready for stage door. They would not be stage dooring and security was around the whole building in fear of another murder. Katie ran to her dressing room and josh followed her but she didn't know. He sat on the couch in the room his feet up on the arm rest as katie pulled out her little black dress and her makeup and her curler and set things up on her desk and started to take her mic off and set it down.

She then undid her vest and took her button down newsboy shirt off but she had a leotard on underneath. She turned around and screamed seeing josh there and tried to cover herself and he died of laughter "oh c'mon katie I've seen more skin quit freaking out." She huffed "you pervert!" "You saw me quit lying. Besides I wanted to come help you get ready for your date." He shrugged. Her face softened. "Really JOSHIE?" "Yeah" he smiled genuinely. She smiled back and put her dress on and he helped her.

"Here I'll do your hair and makeup. I'm pretty bomb at it." She rolled her eyes at his words. He smiled and did her hair perfectly. Curling her hair into brown ringlets and pulling back her bangs and then doing her makeup.

She looked beautiful.

He gasped "wow....katie you look....wow..." She giggled and blushed "thanks Josh that means a lot man...." She looked at her watch "oh look at the time I gotta go. I need to be there at seven and it's six thirty he's probably already there." She stood up and grabbed her purse "I'll walk you." Josh said smiling she smiled back "thanks Josh but I can walk there myself. Besides YIU are still in costume. I gotta run." She smiled and ruffled his hair and left

Josh watched her leave sighing looking down and going to the guys dressing room.

The room went silent all the guys smirking at him "what?" "Oh nothin nothin at all." Josh rolled his eyes "that's obviously a lie." He started to undress "hey JOSHIE we all are gonna go eat together comin?" "I don't know-" "BEN already said you could come. So you are coming. " josh rolled his eyes. His heart just hurt to much to go. "Oh come on JOSHIE we will have fun!" "I'm not even 21 yet what kind of fun can I have?& "karaoke!" "Ugh Benjamin told you my weakness!" He flopped onto the couch and Demarius rolled his eyes "so dramatic Josh." "Josh is very dramatic." BEN said

Katie was walking down the street toward the restaurant excitedly. She had made a reservation and went to the table. She had beat grant there. She sat down and looked around taking in the place It was beautiful. There were chandeliers and candles on the table and roses and it smelled like heaven. She started to look at the menu and a waiter came "may I get your drink order ma'am?" "I'll have water and he will too. My date. Right there. He's not here yet. He'll be here soon though." "Alright I'll grab two waters for you." Katie smiled "thanks."

She figured out what she was going to order and continued to look around the room. She looked at her watch. Wow he was twenty minutes late. She wondered where he was. The waiter walked by and frowned at her and asked "how much longer do you want to wait-" "he's almost here I'm sure. He probably got held up at work. He's a workaholic." She laughed nervously. Her water had already been refilled three times. She always got really thirsty when she was nervous. Before her spy exam to graduate she drank 5 milk jugs filled with water she was so scared.

She gulped and checked her phone but didn't text him. Soon her phone went dead. The waiter kept asking If she was ready and she begged for more time. She could feel the other peoples apologetic looks. She frowned and looked down. It was official. He stood her up. She waited though. It was now 7:45.

Josh and the other boys had just left and were hooting and hollering walking down the street. Josh was dancing around and they passed by the window yet katie didn't see. She was to busy trying not to cry and figure out what to do. She was so humiliated. She sucked the rest of her water down.