Chapter 2

Newsies

Katie froze. Did she read that correctly? But wait. Newsies closed on Broadway a year ago. She remembered it was the day a part if her died. She took the day off and cried in her room. She looked up at the captain. Shoot his mouth was moving he had been talking oh great.

"I'm sorry sir could you repeat that?" "Repeat what?" "Everything?" He face palmed "agent color you need to listen more or I will give this assignment to someone else." He eyes got big "sorry I promise I'll listen now." He sighed and began to explain the mission:

"There was a man.  A man around the age of 21 who was murdering people. But not just any people. A certain type of people called Fansies. A fansie is a dedicated fan to this cult show, Newsies. This man would murder female Fansies especially around the age of 16-18. He showed up after  shows of newsies. Abduct a girl and then she'd be found dead outside the stage door the next morning. We fear that this man will do the same on this touring cast. So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go undercover as a dancer the age of 17. You will keep your same name. Katie seems like a pretty average name. Just don't share your last name. You will be playing a character called a "girlsie" a newsie named "Sniper" I believe. Yes that's right. And a few other people. But YIU will be taking the place of Katlyn {don't hate me can't spell and to lazy to look it up hahaha} Frank. You will be following her track."

Katie had a freak out attack. KAITLYN FRANK?!? that was her hero her  reason for living. She was amazing the reason she fell in love with music. She calmed herself down so she could hear the rest of captains words.

"You will meet with her tomorrow morning and learn your place. You mustn't tell ANYONE that you are undercover. You may not trust a single soul. But, get close to these boys. We feel it's an inside job. We just don't know who yet. So you must go and find out. DOMT trust anyone. But make friends." She nodded. "Yes sir." "Now review this folder of evidence and tonight you have a dance class crash course before you meet with ms. Fringe." "Actually captain it's Frank." "Oh right I'm sorry." "I'll see you tomorrow captain." "Dismissed."

She stood and walked out holding the Manila folder close to her chest. She was so happy. She walked back to her room and started screaming and squealing and having a heart attack. She was gonna be in Newsies on Tour!!! She  grabbed her phone wanting tell her mom but realized she couldn't because she wasn't supposed to trust ANYONE. she remembered captain practically screaming. She shrugged and put her phone down and started  to look at the file of information on this mission. There where some pictures of the man. He was rather talk. A bit taller than herself. She would have to look up to talk to this guy. By the looks of it he had brown hair. He was tall and lanky. The man looked like a dancer. Maybe it was an inside job. But why would a newsie kill a fansie. Repeatedly. It made no sense. The cause of death on all of them where the same. They all died poison and a bullet through the heart and a newsies playbill stuck over it to apear to be stopping the bleeding. It confused her to high heavens. She sighed and laid against her bed and closed her eyes she just wanted to take a nap. Right when her eyes closed her phone started blaring her ringtone. She yelped and fell off of the bed. And answered it.

"Color." "Agent color you are needed for your dance training. Report to the street corner immediately. A car will come to take you to the facility. Understood?" "Yes sir." She then hung up  "no rest for the wicked I guess." She chuckled and went to the bathroom and changed into dance clothes and grabbed jazz shoes and tap shoes. She then pulled her hair into a messy ponytail. She then smiled at herself in the mirror. She was so excited. She hadn't been to a dance class in years. God she missed it! She grabbed her dance bag and phone and ran out of the building to the street corner while playing on her phone she wasn't paying attention and bumped Into a rather tall man. Dude to her shortness she stumbled to the ground. The man gasped "oh my goodness I am so so sorry. Here let me help you up." She looked up the man had brown hair and was strikingly handsome. He was wearing a tank top and dance pants. He was beautiful. And she was doing it again. He was moving his mouth while helping her up and she didn't hear a word. "....where are you headed?" She heard the end "oh I'm off to a dance class." "No way me too!" "Really?!" "Yeah. Hey what do you say we walk together?" "How do I know if it's the same place?" "Well there is only one studio for miles so....." She blushed "oh I had no clue."  "Hey it's okay. I'll show you the way. I'm Josh by the way." He extended his hand Katie's eyes glowed. Josh. Beautiful name. "Psssst this is the part where you say your name and shake /my/ hand." Josh whispered. Katie blushed and giggled and shook his hand "I'm katie." "JOSHIE and Katie. Hey that's cool they sound similar." She laughed "JOSHIE?" "Yep. That's what my roommate calls me." Her heart fell. "Roommate" was code for "boyfriend. Bc I'm super gay" ugh she was aggravated why where all the cute ones gay?!? "Oh well, JOSHIE, why don't you show me the way to this dance studio huh?" They still hadn't dropped hands. He smiled "sure! C'mon!" He pulled her hand rubbing down the street. Katie smiled. She hoped she could be this guys friend.

He seemed so cool!!!

A/N sorry it's early and I wanted to update. I have an idea actually for where this will go now. It's gonna be good. But no spoilers don't worry. Can't wait for their adventures it start. And remember EVERYTHING IS NOT WHAT IT SEEEEEEEMS!