Chapter ten: secrets dont make friends

"KATIE?!" The voice said exasperated

She gasped and froze. "H-hey dad..." She bit her lip. Josh looked up and frowned did that man just say katie? Katie stumbled to get up her hat falling off and her face exposed. Josh gasped katie was here the whole time. That's whose phone he heard.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered "I'm getting breakfast. I was in town I was hoping id run into you." She sighed "dad I gotta go I'm sorry." She looked over and made eye contact with Josh and gasped and ran out of the building. Josh frowned watching her run off. He felt dejected. He walked out after her

"Katie wait!' He hollered. Katie ran not wanting to ruin things with Josh by facing him.

She ran until she was at the end of the sidewalk and pressed the walk button panting and didn't see josh run up behind her "katie?" She sighed and rubbed her face "h-hey JOSHIE what's up?" "I thought you had to leave and that's why you left IHOP but you stayed...." She bit her lip "well yeah I was meeting with someone at IHOP so had to leave you...." She tried to act calm. He frowned "oh....so you aren't trying to avoid me?" "No josh not at all you are my best friend." He smiled and hugged her and she smiled hugging back. Thankful that that went well.

"Hey I'm teaching another dance class today do you wanna come?" She bought about it. She had her first rehearsal for newsies tonight so this would be fine. She smiled "sure!" He smiled "yay! C'mon let's go!" He smiled pulling her towards the studio.

They ran there together and he pulled her inside. Once inside katie was walking backwards and ran into someone spilling hot coffee down her back and yelped. He frowned "I am so sorry." He said almost robotically she gulped her spy training helping her be good with pain and it didn't hurt to bad but she fell to the floor. The man looked down at her a light shining from behind him as if he were an angel. He reached a hand and pulled her up with one arm. For a small guy he was really strong.

"Wow you are so strong" she whispered. He blushed. Josh smiled "BENJIEEEEEEEEE!" He screamed and ran to him and hugged him. BEN laughed and hugged back. "Katie this is my roommate BEN.' Her heart fell. So this was him. Josh's "roommate". Gosh together they both looked so gay for each other and in love she but her lip.  Her chance with Josh was gone wasn't it? 

BEN smiled "hello. ,my name is BEN.' He extended a hand to her. She smiled at him and shook his hand "hi BEN I'm Katie." He smiled and turned his head to the side inspecting her a small light shining from his eyes. She looked behind her and saw it was light bouncing through the window.

"Ka. Tie." He repeated smiling. "A Greek or English origin name meaning pure. Pet name for Katherine, Kate, Caitlin, Kathleen and their related forms. It is frequently used on its own. It may refer to-" Josh hugged him laughing and cut him off "oh Benjie is so full of unless knowledge. Arn't you BEN?" "I believe that is not what you said last night wh-" "okaaaaaaay moving on."

Katie got really uncomfortable then. Her mind jumping to conclusions as well as her heart breaking. So they were gay weren't they? She bit her lip.

Josh dropped his voice to a whisper to BEN "what are you doing here." "I was bringing you your warm Starbucks beverage." He said back "but I accidentally spilled it down Ka. Tie" "don't say her name like that. It's 'katie' not Ka. Tie. Geez stop saying things so robotically." "I do apologize. Should I bring you a new beverage?" "No it's fine just go back to the apartment I'll see you later." "Okay goodbye Joshua." He smiled and hugged him tight "by Benjamin Franklin." "That is not my name" "I don't care." They both laughed and hugged again and Bem left.

"He's really something else isn't he?" He said smiling watching BEN leave. Katie sighed "yeah he is...." "Well let's get in there, get stretched, and get dancing" he said happily like nothing had just happened. Like he hadn't been flirting with her and then flaunted his boyfriend at her. She smiled trying to seem unaffected "let's go!"

He smiled and katie found it so hard again not to watch him stretch. God he was so perfect his body moved to incredible ways and he was so flexible and ugh she was drooling! But she couldn't think about that. No think about the mission no time for friends or boyfriends or their boyfriends. No she had a secret and if she learned one thing from being a spy it was secrets don't  make friends. 

Josh watched her in the mirror he hated keeping all his secrets from her but it was for the better. He knew secrets were bad in friendships but he didn't wanna loose katie he really liked her.

A/N

Sorry so short just wanted to post something. I have big plans coming for this book. Hope ur enjoying this Katie I work hard for you lol. Dude I didn't even proof read this hahah