Flu

*NIALL POV*

The week before annual family dinner was usually one of  my favourite time through all of the holiday. Excitement was buzzing through the air, my mom was making tons of food for the big day.This time usually was my favourite time, but not this year.

While I should be down stairs testing my mom's food and helping my dad, instead I was here, lying in bed, eyes watery with a nose redder than Rudolph himself. To make matters even worse it was Y/N's first time at the annual dinner and I wanted to spend it with her. Instead I was confined to my room while my cousin got to teach her about traditions, not me. I couldn't even hide my jealousy.

I was in the middle of reading a book when I heard the door of my toom open, looking up I spots Y/N  standing shyly in the doorway, a steaming bowl of what I thinks is soup in her hands.

Throwing down the book I greets her enthusiastically.

"Princess, when did you get here."

I ask, already feeling better just because she's here.

"Just now, your mom told me to give you this."

Y/N says, walking across the room and handing the bowl to me. I happily notices it's my mom's infamous chicken noodle soup.

I take a spoon of it gratefully smiling to myself. My smile quickly drops when I sees the sad look on y/n's face.

"What's wrong Princess?"

I asks, my voice getting higher out of worry.

"Your sick"

She says, her eyes downcast.

"What if its serious?"

"I just have the flu. It's flu season, nearly everyone gets sick at this time. It's nothing to be worried about, I'll be better in a day or two."

I reassure her, my hand meeting hers on the bed.

She can't stop the smile of relief that takes over her features.

"So, in a day or two you'll be fine?"

I smile at the girl in front of me with admiration.

" I just can't leave my room in case I get other people sick"

I gasp

"Y/N, you need to leave, you could catch the flu."

I say

"But I don't want to."

"Please, I don't want you to get sick because of me."

"Okay I'll leave, but on one condition."

She says, smiling at me

"What?"

I ask, confused.

"Kiss me"

She says, leaning towards me, her eyes dancing.

"No no no, that's a sure way to spread the flu."

I say, my cheeks now the same colour as my nose.

"I'll be fine, just one."

She pleads, jutting out her bottom lip.

I sighs to myself and lean across the space between us and place my lips gently on her soft ones.

I can't resist raising one hand off the bowl of soup I was clutching and running it through her hair, pressing her face closer to mine.

She sighs into the kiss and wraps both arms around my neck and tries to move closer to me.

My heart beat speeds up and even though I really doesn't want to, I lightly pushes her away from me

Her eyes got wide and slightly confused.

"What? What's wrong?"

"No Y/N, I don't want you to get sick."

I say, while she continues to move closer.

"Just once more."

She says, placing her lips on mine.

_______________________________

The week after while everyone gathers around table for the great feast, I can't help but feel guilty while Y/N sits there sniffling with a red nose. Y/N just smiles at me reassuringly, knowing she'd change nothing about those kisses, that escalated from one more to about five more before mom interrupted us with a disapproving frown on her face and whisked Y/Nout the room, glaring at me son as she left.

I smile at Y/N thinking that I could do it again and again.

_____________________________

I hate college. -_-
Its so fucking stressful. I have so many projects and assignments to do. And so little time.

Can I go in hibernation? Its winter anyways.

Lots Of Love
-A
xoxo