Apple Pie

*NIALL POV*

It was my and y/n's six-month anniversary. Now it wasn't really a special occasion, but I figured that I should at least do something to show my appreciation for my girlfriend.

I decided to make a sweet apple pie, despite my nonexistent baking skills. It was by far the dumbest decision I'd ever made, and one I'd regret for a while.

I realized, as I fumbled with ingredients and made a mess only a child would be capable of.

After a great struggle, I tossed what was supposed to resemble an uncooked apple pie into the oven for an hour. I sat in the living room and prayed y/n wouldn't arrive until the dessert was finished.

That turned out to be the least of my concerns when the the scent of something burning reached me from the kitchen. I cursed, leaping up from the couch and rushed into the kitchen, shutting off the oven and hastily pulling out the pie.

It couldn't have been saved, and I was only grateful that the fire alarm didn't go off as I held the pathetic, burnt dessert in between my mittens and y/n (whom had just arrived) laughed herself to tears at the table.

"You'd better not post this to Twitter."

I warned semi-seriously, frowning and setting down the pan. She just laughed more.

"Mmhm. How would you even survive in this world?"

Y/N hummed.

"Your wonderful pies."

y/n blinked and stared up at me expectantly.

"...And?"

"...And you, y/n."

I sighed and pulled her into an embrace, which she willingly fell into and pressed her face into my broad chest.

"Aw, don't give me too much credit, now."

Y/N teased, red tinting her cheeks, and I couldn't keep it to myself anymore as I leaned down to kiss her. It lasted longer than expected, but I didn't try to find a reason to part until she did, presumably for some air.

"And for the record,"

Y/N said breathlessly.

"I'm definitely going to tweet this entire scenario."

I smirked, not at all surprised.

"For good measure, why don't you photograph my pathetic attempt at baking and post on Pinterest? And can we go for another round of kiss?"

"Right now we have to teach you how to bake a proper pie. No offense, babe, but don't ever try this without me again. Please."

At that last part, she gave me an exasperated look, causing me to chuckle again.

"Alright."

I agreed, and after cleaning up the mess I made together,
we went to work of baking pie.

However, soon the pie was almost all but forgotten, as we both became 'distracted' several times throughout the process.