Chapter Nine.

E D I T E D.
*
Khadee's POV.

"Khadeejah!"

Okay So she rarely calls me by my full name,Something must've definitely happened.

She barged into the room fuming and one thing I know about Samee is when she's angry don't push her to tell you the reason,when she's all calm and In one piece, you can ask her.

"Na'am"

"Khadeejah where did you keep the key to that car neh? Why can't you just have a specific place for keeping the key neh ? Wallahi Banson neman Abu Ina cikin Sauri What's all this ?Have you forgotten we use it together neh?

I cleared my throat and silently went to my purse, brought out the key and handed it to her muttering an apology,she collected it without even glancing at me.

She walked out of the room just the way she came in, yeah. She barged the door.

I really don't know what's wrong with her, I just hope Sth bad doesn't happen.

I went downstairs and I met Umma, I told her about the way Samee was acting and by Allah I was really worried for her. She wasn't the kind who would easily get pissed and if she got pissed, it must really be Sth serious.

I was talking with Umma when Maa came in, she looked rather 'out of it ' today too,all this was starting to really freak me out. I went to Maa's part of the house and patiently waited for Samee to come back because she and I really needed to talk.

I was waiting for Samee But I guess I fell asleep on the couch in the living room. I was woken up by clinking of keys signaling that the door was being locked,i glanced up and saw that it was her and that she was home and fine, Alhamdulillah.

"Hey Samee! Welcome." I murmured

"Mhhm.. I'll be going up now,im so tired. Come up when you're done here"

Did you see me doing anything here ni?

"Actually I was waiting for you cause I really have to talk to you, I need to talk to you and I'm not taking no for an answer."

Now that was me in my friend mode,
She knew me too well to want to argue with me so she just nodded.

"look I really don't know what's wrong with you or what happened to you or what was done to you, I have absolutely no idea but I really wanna know. You came in all grumpy and pissed, you talked rudely, You slammed the door, knowing pretty well It was rude. Well thats Not even the point rn, the point is, what's wrong with you? What happened? You know  very well that no matter what I'll always be here to listen to you. Now speak Sameerah"

she was quietly listening to me. Just one look in her eyes and you will know she was holding back the water works that were threatening to start.

"He called."

Okay she just confused me even more.

"Who called?"

"Him.Mr Mahmood. He called us. He called mama." by now the water pipe had already broke.

And just by those words, I already understood why she was like that Only God knows what he might have said to really make her have such mixed feelings,now I understood that what she was feeling wasn't anger,It was sadness, it was hurt, it was pain.

"He said he's sorry. I mean. Sorry? What's he sorry for?  For all the nightmares he's caused? For all the emotional trauma he's caused? For all the pains he's made us feel? For all the psychological hurt he's made us go through? And he just comes and says he's sorry? If everything was solved by just saying sorry, why would there be laws and why would there be police? Can sorry fix all those years of having a father but Not having one at the same time? And now he's calling and asking for forgiveness? For a chance. Damn it! A chance for what exactly? To hurt us once again? No he's not getting that..at all. And he keeps on calling and calling.. "

Now she was really sobbing and I was trying very hard to hold back mine for I was supposed to support her,to console her,to tell her everything will be alright.

"Sameerah.. I won't say I understand you but I'm trying to understand you. Look Samee, there is Sth called Qadr, Qadr that happens because it is best, Qadr may be good or bad, but just know that Allah is aware of that Qadr. He is aware of everything that's going on, Allah knows Samee.
I know it must be hard on you, but Samee if he is saying he's sorry after all these years it actually means that he is actually sorry. He feels really bad for everything he's done,he wants you to forgive him, He's asking for your forgiveness, If Allah forgives us of all the sins which we commit then who are we not to forgive a fellow human? Samee we are nothing and one day we will be sand, pure sand Sameerah. Don't forget Sabr, It's a virtue. Be patient with him.
,He might seem to be disturbing you to forgive but Samee you don't know why,You don't know his reasons,I'm pretty sure he's really really genuinely sorry for all that he's done and he's willing to right his wrongs. A chance is all he wants and nothing more. A chance to know his children more.. Just think about what I've said,hakuri zakiyi,kina nan haka ya kike son Maa tayi neh?"

And before I knew it she enveloped me in a hug and was really really crying out loud now.

"It'll be okay Sis Just stop crying You should pray to the almighty, Dhul jalal wal Ikram,Remember he's just there to listen to us."

And with that, she got up and strode to the bathroom, did her stuff and came out to pray. I noticed she prolonged her Sujood and I could hear sounds of sobs.

And with that I immediately zoned out feeling satisfied.

😊

                                 Asmaah💚.