Chapter Four

This chapter is dedicated to CocoMeena
**Samee up there.👆 👆

E D I T E D.
*
Samee's POV.

*
It'd already been a while, I was already 21 years old, a 400 level student at Nile university. We now lived with Uncle Musa and his family, his house had two flats of four bedrooms each So he gave us one which was just behind his.

Uncle Musa was like a second dad to I and my siblings, like the dad we always wished for but never had,he treated us like his so all we could say was Alhamdulillah. On the other hand, Baba never came to look for us, and that hurt me, there were times when Maa would lock herself up and weep but with time she got over it.
---------------
Ameenah and Muhammad were now in secondary school,Uncle Musa had a wife whom we called Umma and five kids. Ya Faysal who was abroad, Ya Hauwa who was married with a daughter, Khadeejah was my mate, Zarah was Ameenah's mate and khaleefa was Muhammad's mate.I and Khadeejah attended the same university,she was studying computer science while I studied political science.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
   "Samee"! Maa called out. You're going to make us late we can't keep waiting for you.

"I'm coming maa, just five minutes more" I pleaded.

We all got into the Sienna LE that was going to convey us to the venue of our picnic. It was a Sunday so we decided to organise a little family picnic.

The next day was Monday and as usual everyone went about their activities.We were on our way home from school, all tired and exhausted.

"Political Science is So hard."

"Keh not only Pol Science, final year on its own is a hard nut to crack."

"Shit Khadee please be careful. You're such a rough driver. I don't have a death wish fah Nikam please slow down."

"oh Sameerah! Please just shush and allow me drive will you? What are you so scared of? It's not like I have a death wish either keep talking and I'll drop you by the road side I promise."

She said grinning.. Idiot!

I rolled my eyes and just obliged.

"Khadee let's branch cold stone please."She didn't even answer me she just made a U-Turn..

We were enjoying our yummy ice-creams when Khadee's phone started ringing.

"Hey it's Ya Faysal"

Why's she so excited?

"hey baby sis. How are you?"

"yaya! I'm fine Alhamdulillah! You?"

"I'm doing well too Alhamdulillah, how's Umma and the rest?."

"we're all fine yaya..so when are you coming back? Or are you planning on living there forever neh?"

"not to worry little lady.. I'll be on my way latest next week in Shaa Allah."

"Nooo! Are you serious.?"

Now I gave her the 'are you okay' look.

She rolled her eyes.

"I've never been more serious"

"Toh yaya Sai Mun ganka. I'm with Samee at Coldstone, wanna talk to her?"

"yeah sure,okay."

Why's she giving me the phone?

You idiot it's not obvious he wants to talk to you?

"Salam alaikum."

"waalaikumussalam. Sameerah how are you?"

"I'm fine Alhamdulillah, how are you? And how's Istanbul?"

"Alhamdulillah."

Boring guy.

"okay that's nice."

I passed the phone to Khadee.

So why's she grinning like that?

So after so many years,he had decided he was going to come back,I won't deny it tho,I've been longing to see him.

"Earth's to you Sameerah.. We have to go now"

"Okay let's go".

We both walked out to the car.I could remember Ya Faysal always shared his things with me even if his own sister was there, he still always chose to share it with me,it always seemed as if he had a special love for me.I used to wonder how someone could be like that.

Truth be told, at a point I thought I had a crush on him. 'It's just a crush silly' I usually told myself.

I still couldn't get over the fact that Ya Faysal was going to come back next week. A little smile formed on my lips,just at the thought of his arrival.

---------------------------------------------

Don't forget to tap on that little 🌟

                                   Asmaah❤.