Chapter Fourteen

Samee's POV

U n e d i t e d

*
Lunch at the Jabbi's was not bad at all. If anything it was fun. We had so much fun. Ofcourse excluding the part were the moms kept teasing us about marriage. Please isn't it when you're in love that you'll get married?
As for me, that's just a no-go area. I don't even believe in actually falling in love. I'm not saying its bad to fall in love, no. It's not, but if you do that, just make sure you're willing to stay there.

Especially for a person like me who has many insecurities and many what ifs,i don't See Me doing that anytime soon. We all spoke about each others families until Umma asked Asiya if she was an only child.
"No Umma I'm not, I have a brother"

"oh where's he Toh? Won't he even come and say hi to the guests? "

"He...left?" she stated more as if asking a question.

And then the adhan for Asr salah was called so the guys left to go the masjid while Khadee and I went to pray in Asiya's room. After we prayed we decided to play a game called 'Getting To Know Each Other'. Asiya' will ask a question and then we'll both answer the question.

'So what do you like doing most?'

'Uhh.. I like sleeping, eating and maybe reading on wattpad'

'I like sleeping too, going out and meeting new people'

Khadee are you sure that's all?   She likes being on the phone too. She likes it very much. She's capable of spending an hour on phone just blushing'

And then she smiled.

Okay she is one weird person.

So Asiya it's your turn. Now that was Khadee.

'Uh.. Tell us about your brother. '

And her face turned pale.

'well according to what I was told,  he was maltreated by our former step mom, so he ran away from the house'

'Huh? ' I and Khadee both blurted out.

She giggled and then sat down Chinese style.

'so this is what happened'.

Just as she finished telling us what happened, mama called us telling us we were about to leave. On our way out we bumped into someone who was introduced to us as her Cousin brother, Adnan. We greeted him before we left.

*
The drive home was normal but it was noisy. Zahra and Amina were doing what they know how to do best, surfing instagram and criticizing things while Ya Faysal, Muhammad and Khalifa were lip syncing to the music that was playing in the car, closer by the Chainsmokers.

"I mean Ya Samee how can't you like this song?

"I mean Khalifa how can you like this song? "

"But seriously Sameerah the song is nice fah, just listen to it repeatedly with headphones on and you'll fall in love with it I'm telling you, trust me"

"Ya Faysal Bazaka gane bane. This kinda song will just make you think too much"

"Samee you're weird fah."

"yeah I'm weird but you still love me like that"

"yeah. I still love you like that"