Chapter Three.

E D I T E D.
*
Samee's POV.
*
I and my siblings got home from school that day, I prayed my Asr salah, did some assignments and went to bed. Later that night, I woke up to a familiar voice screaming,i tried to cover my ears with my pillow but the screams just wouldn't stop.

With sleepy eyes I walked to my parents room and what I saw there got me dumbstruck, He Was beating mama up again. Tears immediately welled up in my eyes,I couldn't say or do anything I just stood there like a lifeless body. Immediately he noticed that I was at the door, he stopped and stomped out of the room with anger written all over his face.

"Mama.."I called out to her.

she looked up at me with shame and anger in eyes. It was like she had mixed feelings right at that moment.

"Mama.. "I called out once more this time being a little more audible.

"Samee, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be asleep? You have to go to school tomorrow. You can't be up at this hour."

mama will always be mama

I quickly walked up to her, not knowing what to say or do,I engulfed her in a hug where she poured out all the pain she was feeling,We stayed like that till we both slept off.

***

I just couldn't see myself going to school, and with the situation I didn't see Aminah or Muhammad going either. I looked up and saw Mama Coming down the stairs with suit cases in her hands.

"mama what's going on? Are we travelling? " I asked looking confused.

"Sameerah, I need to talk to you.. You are the oldest of my 3 children and I'm thinking you'll understand this more. I can't.. I can't continue.."
her words came out bits by bits.

"You can't what mama?"

I was already getting impatient but I controlled it. I didn't want to add up to her problems, finally she spoke.

"Samee I can't keep on living like this anymore,I've endured it for this long because of you, my children.,We are going to your uncle, Musa's place,we're leaving this house. We will stay there, I hope you understand me. I just can't.."Now she was in tears I couldn't stand seeing mama in tears.. So I quickly answered her,

"yes mama I do understand perfectly"

But mama what will we tell Muhammad and Ameenah? How'll we tell them?

Must you tell them anything?

Ugh just shut up subconscious.

I had to get Ameenah and Muhammad ready So I quickly went upstairs,did that.

"we leave in 30minutes."

It was then it dawned on me that we were really leaving. I wanted to ask her what Baba said about it but I decided against it,I knew he would care less.

That was the last time we saw him.

----------------------------------------

Comments and votes are most highly  welcome.

                                       Asmaa💗