Chapter 25

Once Carter left to go to work, I busied myself with work in the office. Very kindly, Carter had Phillip go to Zoe's and collect all my belongings while we were getting married last night. I had everything I needed to keep myself busy for the whole day but I know I have to break my workload into sections so I have enough work to do till I get back into the office.

It took a total of four different attempts of trying to connect my laptop to the WiFi connection in the house. After the laptop was finally connected, I made a start on the mounting pile of work I had to do. First up, phoning Tori Delgado to confirm the order numbers she sent me two weeks ago.

I search the contact list on laptop and dial the number into the house phone before pressing the speaker button and allowing the ringing noise fill the room.

"Tori Delgado speaking. How may I help you?" A woman with a strong Irish accent answers after a few rings.

"Hi Tori, it's Sarah." I respond with a slight sigh.

"Good morning, Sarah. How are you?"

I fold my arms and lean forward to rest on the desk. "I'm good. How are you?"

Tori sighs before clearing her throat. "I could be better. Not being in the office is messing facts and figures up in my head. I really hope that we can get into the office soon. Mr. Hayes isn't happy that the new season stock is running late because we can't meet up and discuss things like in the office."

"Well, if it helps, I managed to speak to-"

"Someone really needs to peak to the building owners and ask them to hurry along with the repairs."

"Like I was saying, I managed to speak to one of the owners and they are going to look into it for me." I finish.

"You're not sleeping with the guy are you?" Tori asks without any consideration to my feelings.

"Indeed I am not!" I lie.

"Sarah, you call me and say that you have managed to get the owners to hurry up and fix our office. You're a beautiful girl and I know how smart you are, you can't blame me for asking the question" I shake my head before she continues. "Plus, I can tell when you're lying to me by the tone of voice you use. Now, come on, which Romero guy did you bag?"

"Tori, I called you to go over numbers and if you only want to gossip, may I suggest that you call Edith in sales. She can gossip for the entire office."

I end the call and lean back in the black leather chair. I love Tori to pieces but she can get on my nerves at times when she starts her gossiping. For a married thirty-nine year-old woman with four kids, she still didn't know when to take the hint and drop the current subject when it became awkward.

A bing from my laptop brings me out my daydream and my attention to screen. 1 new email. And so it begins.

Before I knew it, it was two in the afternoon and I had answered twenty of the forty-eight emails I had waiting in my inbox. Yes, I got up and got myself something to eat and drink when I needed it. Other than that, I didn't move away from the behind the office desk.

An ache at the back of my neck told me that I now reached the point of overdoing it on the work. Take a break, Sarah. I sigh and stretch my arms out in front of me before getting to my feet and gingerly walk out the room.

The hallway was colder than the office and I welcomed it with relief. The office was starting to get a little too hot but I didn't want to admit to myself. Everything in the house was so high-tech, I didn't know what half of the gadgets my eyes fell upon were for or what they did. For all I knew, I could press a button and the pool floor could rise and flood the entire lower ground floor. Should really ask Carter about those gadgets.