Chapter 14

The time on the digital screen of the car read twelve forty-three. We had been on the road for well over two hours and the wedding was due to start at two. By getting there early, I had a chance to tell Carter how I felt or possibly chicken out and get Jordan to quickly drive me home. 

The sat nav directed us up a single track road that weaved in and out of trees that lined the road on either side. The road wasn't muddy or bumpy, it was smooth and the car glided over it with ease. 

Eventually, the road widened when a grand four-story home came into view. It looked new but at the same time, it didn't. Cars parked neatly in a row to the left of the house and the waterfall that sat directly in the middle of the road, in front of the entrance to the building, was in full swing.  

"Tell me something." I tare my gaze away from the house in front of us and look over at Jordan. "Do you think they'll mind if I gate crashed?" 

"Jordan, I think they would. You have no idea what they're like." 

"Duly noted." He comes to a stop by the parked cars and turns the engine off. "Do you see him or his car?" 

I shake my head as I scan the entrance. I scan the parked cars but stop when my eyes fell on a black Audi R8 Coupé that sat near the top. "That's his car." 

"Which-" Jordan starts before he nods when it registers in his head. "The R8? Of course it would be his car." 

Voices fill the silence of the world outside the car and I look over at the entrance. A group of men had come out of the building, all looking very smart and well-groomed in their black suits and matching red ties. 

They ranged in height and in looks. Three had brown hair, two had blonde hair and two had red hair. They started laughing and joking with each other before cars started to pull up in front of them. Their laughter dies down and they began escorting the guests into the building. 

"Jordan, I'm starting to have second thoughts." I swallow as I watch guests arrive, each looking just as beautiful as the last. 

"Do I have to phone Zoe and tell her you're chickening out?" He asks in a serious tone.  

"I just-" I stop mid-sentence when I spot Carter's brother, Landon, step outside. 

He fixes his tie then clasps his hands behind his back, waiting to escort guests into the house. Another male comes out and joins him. He was the same height as Landon but had slightly darker hair than he did. He stood the same way as him and I just wondered if it was Ayden, Carter's other brother. 

Finally, Carter steps out of the house and stands next to Landon. His black suit fitted him nicely, showcasing all of his perfect assets that I had the pleasure of exploring. He was born to wear a suit. 

None of the men looked over at the out-of-place white car that was double parking the finely parked row of cars. They were all too busy welcoming guests and showing them where to go. 

"It's now or never, Sarah." I glance at Jordan's watch on his left wrist as he holds the steering wheel. Twelve fifty-eight. 

"Wait till one. Please," I beg. He nods in agreement after a few seconds. "Thank you." 

The scene that was unfolding before us was starting to make me even more nervous. If the brothers and other male attendants were showing the guests in, who's to say that I would be lucky enough to get Carter? Knowing my luck, I would end up getting Landon! 

"One o'clock. Show time, princess." Jordan starts the car back up and slowly drives over to wait behind the waiting cars for me to get out. 

With ever edge forward the car went, the more nervous I became. Carter had went in and out of the building twice while we were waiting. The nerves I had inside, only built and magnified as we drew closer.