Chapter 11

The next morning came around very quickly. I slowly open my eyes to a small hint of sunshine coming through a small opening in the closed black and white curtains. Squinting, I look round the room from my lying position on the bed. Everything was different and then it hit me. This wasn't my bedroom. 

The room had the same colour scheme going on like the kitchen. Three of the wall were white and the one the bed was against, was black with white patterns over it. Black furniture, silver fixtures and a white carpeted floor completed the simple looking bedroom. 

I quickly sit up, clutching the thin white bed sheet to my chest, and run a hand through my messy bed hair to try and tame it somehow. I look round the room at the clothing items that were scattered everywhere. They were in a heap on the floor and only some were mine. 

I look down at the sleeping occupant that lay peacefully next to me. The sheet I held, only covering him from the waist down and exposing his toned back, shoulders and arms to me as he lay on his stomach. His arms hugged the pillow he rested on and his head turned to face me while he still slept. 

He looked so peaceful but this felt wrong. It felt wrong that last night was our first date and we've just slept together. It felt wrong that I didn't really know him. I felt like I was falling into the category that every other woman he'd slept with falls in to. Sleeping with him last night proved to his family that I'm only after him for either his name or money, which I'm not. 

Carter stirs lightly, takes a deep breath then goes silent as he falls back into his sleep. I pull the sheet away from my body and get up out the bed, picking up my clothes as I walk around the room. I look at a single black wooden door and guess that it had to be the en-suite bathroom as across from it was the walk-in wardrobe and it had no door. 

I grip the silver handle and open the door. Thankfully, I was right. I walk into the tiled bathroom: white tiles on the walls and black on the floor. 

"What is it with this guy and everything black, white and silver?" I mutter, closing the door behind me. 

I lock the door and start to get ready, the small chill in the bathroom slowly taking over my bare body. 

After slipping the last piece of clothing onto my body, I felt a little warmer but not much. It was either the fact that I was in a freezing cold bathroom or that I was wearing a sleeveless top. Either way, I needed so form of warmth and fast. 

I unlock the door and open it, only to see Carter standing in his walk-in wardrobe. He had a pair of black jeans on which showed the smallest hint of his black Calvin Klein boxers off at the waistband. His back was to me as he searched through the rows for clothes. 

"I gave you the decency of getting ready in private, the least you could do is do the same for me." His voice was rough and unsettling at this time in the morning. 

"I-" I start, unable to find the words to respond. 

"I'm joking." He turns and looks at me. 

My eyes travell from his face, down his neck, over his chest, down his defined six-pack abs and down the V at his pelvis. Everything looked so much better in the light. He was hot! I drink the sight of him in as he reaches for a casual short-sleeved white shirt to put on. 

"What time's it?" I ask, snapping out of my stare. 

"Seven thirty," he replies while buttoning up the buttons on the shirt. He walks towards me and I step out the bathroom. "I won't be long then I can drop you off back home." 

I nod and walk to pick up my scattered shoes. I hold them in one hand and walk over to the closed curtains. Gripping a bunch of material in my free hand, I pull the curtain back and gasp at the view that was revealed to me.