Chapter 24

The rest of the house was just how I expected it to be - beautiful and perfect. There was a total of 7 bedrooms, a cinema room, a games room, a swimming pool and staff living quarters - all within the house! Every room I stepped into, I was just left speechless with everything my eyes laid on.

Although, there was one bedroom that Carter told me not to go into but I didn't listen to him and went in to it anyway. The bedroom sat directly across the hall from the master bedroom on the first floor and I now knew why Carter didn't want me to go near it. The bedroom was a nursery.

Everything was beautiful and pristine. The white and silver walls, white lace curtains and beautiful velvet silver glider chair and ottoman were just some of the things that caught my eye as soon as I stepped foot in the room. The white wooden cot with silver tufted fabric panels was the main attraction of the room. It was just perfect and breathtaking. It left me feeling like something went off inside of me when I saw everything.

Carter must have saw or sensed that I was rooted to the spot inside the room as his hands on my shoulders were what took me out my daze and out the room slowly.

"I did warn you not to go into the room," Carter whispered once we were outside the room and the door was firmly closed over. "I should have asked my dad to get rid of it when I told him I wanted to move in here."

"It's fine," I murmur.

"It's not fine. It didn't cross my mind that my dad would have had one of the rooms made into a nursery."

"Carter, it's fine. I'm fine. We both agreed that there would be no children in this marriage of ours. Stop fussing."

Carter stays quiet but I can tell that this won't be the end of the conversation.

8pm came round quickly and I was now standing in the newly transformed sitting room in the Romero family home. You would never have known that the room we were standing in, was a beautifully decorated sitting room just hours before.

As soon as I walked into the room in my white knee-length sequenced dress, the fireplace caught my attention immediately. Red roses covered every inch of the top of the white marble. Lit church candles filled the bottom of the fireplace and most of the room. It set the mood very well for a marriage ceremony that was pulled together within the matter of hours.

Alyssa offered to be a bridesmaid for me and I had no choice but to agree. Carter had both Landon and Ayden as his ushers while Henry and Isobel looked on in silence. When my eyes laid on Isobel standing by her husband, right arm perfectly linked with his left, there was no doubting the tension that was between us from earlier.

I blinked while turning my head to look at Carter standing before me in a simple black suit, the red tie he wore, matching the small bouquet of red roses I held in my hands.

"There's still time to back out if you want," Carter states, slight begging in his words for me to not walk out on him.

I smile, "Not going to happen."

He smiles, relief covering his face, and then everything started. By the time 8:30pm came round, I was officially Mrs. Sarah Romero. I was married once again but the feelings I have towards Carter, are completely different from what I had towards Daniel. I truly love Carter with every inch of my heart. Something I never had with Daniel.

The next morning came and I was waking up in the bed inside our new house. Winter sun streamed through the slightly closed gold velvet curtains and caught on the diamonds of both rings Carter had given me last night.

The first ring contained a single large diamond with a band of channel-set square diamonds that was exchanged during the ceremony. The other ring was a matching half circle channel-set square diamond wedding band that Carter had surprised me with when we arrived home later in the night. It fitted well with my other ring, clearly showing those who asked, that I was off the market and belonged to a man who could afford expensive and flashy things.