2.12 - Let's Take A Trip

Afternoon:

Afternoon:

"Stefan! Where are we going?" Aria asked with a slight laugh. They had been driving for over an hour and Aria had no idea where Stefan was taking her. Reluctant to go with him at first (considering all of this -A mess and the fact that her best friend was now missing), she needed some clarity away from the insanity that was Rosewood Falls.

"It's a surprise," Stefan chuckled, "We're almost there anyway."

Aria rolled her eyes playfully and looked towards Stefan, "What is it? I don't like surprises, Stefan."

"I know, that's why you always skip to the end of the book before you're done reading it," Stefan replied as he quickly matched Aria's gaze and then looked back towards the road, "But you'll like this one, I promise."

Pulling off the highway, Stefan drove his red-vintage porsche car into an unknown driveway. Listening to the crumbling gravel as the car inched closer and closer to the destination, Aria's eyes widened.

"Um, so where are we?" Aria asked, her voice growing higher at the end of her sentence as she looked towards a massive, gorgeous colonial style mansion which bordered a lake.

Stefan pulled the shift, parked the car and pulled the key out of the ignition, "Thought we could use a break from Rosewood Falls," he said as he settled back into his seat, gazing at the view of this magnanimous house.

Aria smiled, but still looked puzzlingly at Stefan, "So what is this? Like an Air B  & B? Think this house is a little bit out of our price range for that," she replied sarcastically.

"No," Stefan laughed, rolling his eyes at Aria's sarcasm, "It's... My family used to have a summer house here, and well, this is it..." his sentence trailed off as he hesitantly awaited for Aria's response.

Aria spun her head towards Stefan abruptly, "What? How... di-?" Aria stuttered, too perplexed and startled by this strange bit of history standing before her.

Stefan squinted his eyes and bent his head towards the steering wheel to hide his embarrassment, "I knew it was too much. We can go, sorry I wasted our time." He said as he slowly began to put the key back into the ignition.

Aria cut him off and gently placed her hand on Stefan's, "No! Stefan," she spoke, with an earnest grin on her face, "It's perfect." She leaned towards him and kissed him on the cheek.

Stefan looked directly into Aria's eyes. "Good," he said. "I just thought with everything going on we needed to get away. Just get some perspective on things." He said as he began to exit the car and cross to Aria's side, "Plus, this is probably the only other thing I can show you from my old life," reaching Aria's side of the car, Stefan extended his hand towards Aria's.

Aria looked admiringly at Stefan's gallant gesture and smiled, "Well, let's go in then," she laughed, her small body jumping gleefully to reach Stefan's height as she pulled him into the house.