1.30 - Finale Pt.1 - If You Leave

"So how many school dances have you been to exactly?" Aria said with a small laugh

"So how many school dances have you been to exactly?" Aria said with a small laugh. As she and Stefan began to sway to a familiar 80's slow song that was now playing over the loudspeakers, Aria couldn't even focus on the -A drama with her seemingly perfect boyfriend standing in front of her.

I touch you once, I touch you twice

I won't let go at any price

I need you now like I need you then

You always said we'd still be friends someday

"Hm," Stefan replied, squinting one of his eyes in a joking manner as if he were trying to calculate the decades worth of dances that he had gone to, "Too many to probably count," he continued, letting out a similar laugh that matched Aria's. "This is definitely the best one I've ever been to."

Aria looked down shyly and then back at up at Stefan, "Why thank you, Mr. Fitzgerald," Aria said, referring to her and Stefan's 1920's costumes, a tribute to their mutual Gatsby obsession.

"Now they were wild party-goers...er... or maybe just Zelda." Stefan smiled, lifting his head up as he recollected that specific memory, "though, you're not as crazy as Zelda ever was."

Aria's eyes widened, "Are you serious? You actually met them?"

Stefan nodded his head in a modest fashion and laughed again. As the music began to pick up slightly, he spun Aria around, her beaded, short flapper dress twirled continuously, the light reflecting upon every single golden jewel on her dress.

I'll touch you once, I'll touch you twice

I won't let go at any price

I need you now like I need you then

You always said we'd meet again

As Aria leaned her cheek on Stefan's shoulder, lost in his embrace, her eyes suddenly widened as she watched Spencer and Hanna exchange secretive glances across the room. Suddenly, she remembered that all of this had to come to a halt.

Lifting her head up, Stefan felt Aria's sudden anxious behavior and looked down towards her with a serious, concerned expression, "You're okay with all of this?"

Although Aria tried to put on a brave expression, she could only worry about the possibility of losing Hanna, all of her friends, Damon and Stefan if their -A plan wouldn't work out, "No. I just don't want to lose you, Stefan. I can't lose you."

As the music continued to play, Stefan and Aria stood still. Removing his mask and then Aria's, he stared directly at her, "Aria. I promise you. I'm not going anywhere. I can't lose you either. Since the first day of school, you've become a constant within my life and I don't know what I would do without you."

Even though Aria felt a slight doubt within his words, he couldn't actually promise or predict what Klaus, Katherine or -A would do to him, she could only go by Stefan's word, and she knew she could always trust Stefan's word.