1.14 - The Creation of Vivian Wright

1816 - London, England:

"I never thought anyone could be so beautiful." Elijah whispered to his beloved Vivian as they danced with one another for the hundredth time at a local, society ball. The lights glistened off the crystal chandeliers, the musicians played the latest popular music, and every man and woman was dressed to the nines to impress the others, but he only had eyes for Vivian, and she for him. As the song ended, they bowed and curtseyed at one another, and he quickly joined her at her side. "Let's disappear." He whispered in her ear as he began to lead her towards the entrance of the London townhome. They ran laughing into the night, and after they were far enough away, but close enough to make it back to the party without Vivian's family worrying, Elijah took her in his arms, and kissed her. Every kiss between them was like a first kiss, passionate and full of a complete and total love neither one had ever quite experienced previously. He hardly ever wanted to take his hands, or eyes off the girl, but an idea suddenly dawned on him as the two of them stood in the abandoned city street, moonlight showering them in an eerie glow. "Marry me, Vivian." He looked her straight in the eyes.

"Elijah, you cannot be serious." She laughed as she shook her head, only in dreams could such a proposal be true. "It's not kind to tease a girl in such a way."

"Vivian, please. I'm not toying with you. Marry me. Make me the happiest man alive." Elijah was hardly even thinking rationally, his entire being was consumed with the idea of her.

Vivian stared at him in total, gleeful shock, the idea suddenly dawning on her. She burst into laughter and in total joy, she kissed him harder than she ever had before. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes." She nodded her head as she laughed and they embraced in the night.

______________________________

"Vivian, I don't know how many ways to express this, you cannot marry the man

"Vivian, I don't know how many ways to express this, you cannot marry the man. He is a completely unsuitable match." Mr. Wright, a rather portly man who was not aging gracefully yelled to his middle daughter at the top of his lungs. Once he used this tone of voice, Vivian always knew his decision was final. "For goodness sake's Vivian, use your head. You were always the smart one, after all. You must see why this is not advantageous for you, or the family name. We have a reputation to uphold, and I will not have a daughter of mine throwing away her family name for some soldier, Elijah nobody." He spat, his angered flopping around in his armchair shifted his favorite wig just a bit off the center of his head, only adding to the ridiculous picture her father already created.