1.17 - The Confrontation

Aria rushed quickly out of Spencer's house

Aria rushed quickly out of Spencer's house. This was the second text that she had gotten from -A about Stefan and she was already freaking out, "Why does everything in her life never work out the way it's supposed to?" she thought as she approached the Rear Window where she promised to meet Stefan later.

Suddenly, she heard familiar voices yelling coming from behind the cafe. Aria looked over with a puzzled look on her face. Her eyes widened - it was Stefan and Damon.

"I'm not going to lie to Aria for you anymore, Damon!" Stefan yelled, fanning his arms in the air, "I can't do it! You have to tell her because she's too important to me!"

Damon stared with a fierce glare, "I asked you to do one thing for me, Stefan," Damon whispered forcefully "and she's my sister. She means more to me than you'll ever know," Damon's eyes began to change color, his skin crinkled - he was about to destroy Stefan as he previously sworn that he would do. Stefan returned the same fierce, vampire glance.

Aria ran out and put her arms out in the middle of them, "What are you guys doing?" she looked at both Stefan and Damon in an angry, worried tone. She stared at Damon, "What's wrong with your face?!"

Damon's face returned quickly to normal, "Aria! What are you doing here?" Damon glared at his sister - pleading her to go home.

"What am I doing?" she yelled back at her brother - turning to Stefan, "Stefan! What's going on!?"

Stefan attempted to put his arm on Aria's shoulder but she moved away from his hand, "Damon, just tell her," Stefan replied in a serious manner.

"Tell me what? What?" Aria's eyes had begun to tear up. After getting that text from -A and hearing her brother and boyfriend argue, she could barely keep herself together, "Just tell me, Damon, please please!" Aria whimpered.

Damon looked at Aria, his angry look had softened at the sight of his hurt sister - he hated seeing her like this, "Aria. You have to promise not to tell anyone," he whispered back to her - putting his hands on Aria's shoulders, trying to comfort his little sister.

Aria looked at Damon, "Why did your face look like that, Damon? Just tell me the truth, I'm tired of you treating me like a child," she replied with an intense whisper.

Damon closed his eyes and looked at his sister with the same vampire face that she had seen a few minutes ago, "Aria. I'm a... vampire."

Aria quickly stood back, "What? What are you talking about?" she shouted at Damon in disbelief, "I knew all that drinking would go to your brain eventually," she turned around and shook her head, "We need to take you to a hospital because you're not making any sense!"

Stefan looked back towards Aria, "Aria, it's true," he replied.

Aria turned back around, "Oh! What? Because you're a vampire too?" she said sarcastically. However, once she saw both Stefan and Damon look at each other with confessional glances, she knew she already had her answer, "I can't bel-"