1.27 - In Your Eyes

Jeremy pulled up the familiar Field's house, and came to a stop, staring at it with a wistful smile, remembering everything that had happened there over the course of his life

Jeremy pulled up the familiar Field's house, and came to a stop, staring at it with a wistful smile, remembering everything that had happened there over the course of his life. Emily, and her family, had been with him through everything. He couldn't even imagine life without her at this point, since he had practically known her for most of it. Not to mention how amazingly supportive she was through his parents divorce, and of course, the even harder re-marriage. It was enough to have Elena as a sister, and now Mona took that to a whole new level. But, Emily was always his shoulder to lean on, and he wanted to be hers in return. He pulled out a large, dated boom box, pressed play, and put it over his head, waiting for the blaring music to cause some sort of response from the girl in the window above. 

Emily sat at her desk finishing up her last homework assignment of the day, trying to put the events surrounding this secret -A manipulation plan out of her head completely. But, it was clear something else was going to take her mind off of it, though she wasn't exactly sure what this was yet.

Without a noise, without my pride

I reach out from the inside

In your eyes

The light the heat

In your eyes

Emily slowly approached her window, a grin growing as she realized the scene Jeremy was recreating for her below. Say Anything. It was perfect, the trench coat, the song, the boom box. She suddenly started laughing with complete happiness as she opened her window to shout down at him. "What're you doing?" 

"I'm asking you to the dance! So what do you say?" Jeremy yelled back up at her, his grin matching hers. 

"Yes!" She giggled, before sprinting down the stairs. "Hold on, I'm coming down!"

"Okay, but you might wanna hurry before my arms fall off! Jeez these things are heavy, they make it look a lot easier in the movies." Jeremy laughed, only partially joking, flexing his arms to hold the weight.

Emily immediately ran up to him, and without a moments hesitation, kissed him. He broke the kiss with a grin, setting aside the giant boom box and turning down the volume. "That was probably the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me. Ever." Emily gushed with a shake of her head, still unsure over her feelings for the guy standing in front of her, but if he kept this up, things were going to be a lot more clear. "But, Jer, I just want to be clear, I still mean the things we talked about last time. I am so excited to go to this dance with you, but I just want you to know, those feelings for Bonnie aren't going to magically disappear." 

"I know that, Em, but I don't want to wait. I'm okay with that, but I am going to win you, I just know it. So just give me this night to prove it?" Jeremy looked at her with completely amorous eyes, praying she'd agree.

"Well okay, challenge accepted then." Emily laughed in agreement as she leaned in for another kiss. 

_____________________________________

Spencer approached the looming Mikaelson mansion with trepidation

Spencer approached the looming Mikaelson mansion with trepidation. It was not a particularly warm, or welcoming sight. But, Elijah had been nothing but a complete gentleman to her on their rendezvous lately. He was so quietly mysterious, but also exceptionally caring and kind. She had kept his entire existence in her life lately a secret from anyone, but she herself wasn't quite sure why. Maybe it was the extreme pull, and immediate, almost overwhelming attraction she felt to him that almost frightened her. He seemed too good to be true, and she didn't quite trust the situation yet. Her gut was telling her there was more to the story. She rang the doorbell, eager to see his comforting face in this not so cozy environment. 

The door swung open, but sadly for Spencer, it wasn't Elijah's gaze that met her eyes. "Hello, love. Astonishing, really it is. You know, you look just like someone I used to know. Quite well, actually. It's really quite remarkable." Klaus stared down the intimidated girl before him. Her resemblance to Vivian was completely uncanny, but after all, what did he expect? She was her doppelganger. "You must be Spencer. It's a pleasure, really. I'm Klaus, Elijah's brother."

"Funny, he never mentioned he had a brother." Spencer's eyes narrowed at the unfamiliar man in front of her. 

"Yes, well, my brother sometimes likes to forget his relations." Klaus brushed off the comment with a slight annoyance, and was about to continue, but felt the weight of a familiar hand on his shoulder. 

"Excuse my brother. Hello Spencer, I'm so pleased you could make it." Elijah cut in with a threatening glare at Klaus. "If you'll just excuse us." He replied to Klaus with annoyance as he took Spencer's hand and pushed them past his brother. He trusted Klaus only when it came to matters of Klaus's own self interest. This, sadly, was not one of those things. 

"Fine! Yes, well, enjoy your evening then!" Klaus yelled back at the two who were already heading to another area of the vast mansion, his words echoing across the cold, stone floors. 

Spencer's jaw practically hit the floor at the sight of the Mikaelson library. She had been begging Elijah to let her see it as soon as she learned about its contents, but she had no idea quite how vast the collection actually was. She was fairly sure the only library she had seen in comparison was in Beauty and the Beast. "Elijah, its...incredible."

"I knew you would love it." Elijah's eyes had never left Spencer since the second he saw her. It's how it always had become now, he could barely take in the sight of her, he was so completely and utterly infatuated in an almost chemical way. "Come here, look at this!"

He pulled out novel after novel of first editions, some even signed with an original signature. The library must have been worth millions upon millions of dollars, and Spencer's gut feelings of something beneath the surface here were only growing stronger. "Elijah, how is this library even possible?" Spencer questioned hesitantly, "I mean, these books are worth more than this entire town, multiplied by twelve."

"It's been a Mikaelson tradition for centuries. We've always been incredible readers, so we needed a library to match. You can practically trace my family history with some of these novels." Elijah tried to state as broadly an answer as he could, and everything he said was true, to a certain extent. 

Spencer, slightly unsatisfied and left with an air of mystery, stopped questioning. One day she'd get to the bottom of this, but for tonight, she would just let herself enjoy the rest of the evening with the man she was so magnetically drawn to.