1.28 - The Countdown

"So how's it going, Lockwood?" Mona said, through a tiny yet sincere smile on her face

"So how's it going, Lockwood?" Mona said, through a tiny yet sincere smile on her face. As she walked up behind Tyler in the school hallway, she wasn't armed with her usual snide remarks that she would normally have made to Tyler. She knew too much about him now to poke fun at his painful werewolf transformation.

"Not bad, Vanderwaal," Tyler replied with his usual sneering expression, as he turned around to face Mona. "What's with the nice act?"

"Don't get used to it," Mona said with a small laugh. "We do need to talk about the dance coming up, though."

Looking around the crowded hallway, Tyler put his hand on Mona's arm and guided her into a nearby empty classroom so that no one would accidentally hear their secret plans, "So is this like a date then?" he whispered to Mona, their faces were now inches apart from each other but this time Mona couldn't make herself push him away, could she be falling for this pretentious rich boy?

"If you want to call it that." Mona murmured back to Tyler, "but don't get any ideas, Tyler. Were doing this for Hanna and the rest of the girls. Save all that romantic dating stuff until after we're done with this plan."

"Hm, then why haven't you moved since we walked in here?" Tyler said, maintaining his same grin. He finally had Mona exactly where he always wanted her to be, yet, he couldn't shake this feeling that she meant more to him than any other girl that he had tried to date. Looking down at his feet nervously, he spoke up in a normal volume, "So what time should I come pick you up then?"

Mona looked down shyly and looked back directly into Tyler's eyes, matching his grin,"7?" she replied as she began to turn around on her brightly colored stiletto heels.

Before she could exit the door, Tyler grabbed Mona's hand and looked into her eyes with an intense, yet almost kind expression that Mona had neither scene nor ever expected to see from Tyler. "So it's definitely a date then?" Tyler spoke up, in an anxious yet defiant tone.

As Mona turned her head, then, without any words, she nodded. "Don't forget, 7 PM. And my corsage better be no less than 80 to 100 dollars." There was the Old Mona.

Reluctantly letting go of Mona's hand, Tyler let out a small chuckle, "Of course," he spoke back. As he watched Mona walk out the classroom door, he couldn't believe this was happening. Former rich play boy Tyler Lockwood was falling for resident geek-turned-popular girl, Mona Vanderwaal. Ever since he had started helping Mona with her '-A plans,' he couldn't help but feel like he had finally found his equal and most importantly, someone that he could share the burden of his werewolf secrets with. As he prepared himself to ditch this school for the rest of the day, his thoughts were consumed with his future date with Mona. Even though this was all part of a bigger plan, Tyler had decided that his eyes, and maybe even heart, were going to be set on winning Mona over, once and for all.

______________________________