1.6 - Reunited

Caroline's eyes widened at the sight of Klaus' familiar face

Caroline's eyes widened at the sight of Klaus' familiar face. The last time she had seen him was the time that they... but he had promised that he would stay far away from Rosewood Falls. That was their bargain to her admission of her feelings towards him. "What're you doing here?" She questioned with a shake of her head in pure confusion and shock.

"Well, now that's not quite the response I was hoping for now was it." Klaus smirked at her, relishing in his perfectly planned entrance back into her life. There was no way he would stay apart from his beloved for this long, not if he could help it.

"You broke your promise."

"Now, you honestly didn't think I could keep that one, could you? I'm not a hero, Caroline, I don't abide by that moral code you and your little friends so desperately cling to. What I know is how I feel, and after that incredible afternoon with you, you didn't think I could possibly give up that easily?" He leaned in towards her, hand on the door frame.

"Right, of course, so I just shouldn't have trusted you." Her eyes narrowed at him, though her heartbeat picked up pace. There was just something about him that she couldn't deny her attraction to, and there was no reason to now, since she had already proved that to him once before.

"Now come on love, I know you wanted to see me again. Admit it, you're glad I'm here. You can't tell me that day didn't mean something to you, I've lived thousands of years and by now I can read people like a book, and you, Caroline, enjoyed it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you're curious about what might happen with me." He cocked an eyebrow in her direction as he moved even closer. "Besides, you and Tyler are done for good, are you not?"

Her eyes rolled at the thought of Tyler. They were definitely so over. "Yeah. We're finally done. So, I'm sure you're thrilled about that one."

"Truth be told, I'm ecstatic. But, of course I don't like the idea that he hurt you. Might I come in for a while?"

Caroline paused for a moment to bite her lip in thought. Was she really about to let Klaus back into her life? But, as she stared into his love struck eyes, she couldn't help but feel a ping at her own heartstrings. Could he really care for her this much? She hated the fact that he was right, she really was curious. "Yeah, sure. At this point, you've practically invited yourself over anyway." She laughed as she waved him towards the seating by the living room couch before continuing herself into the kitchen. "Tea? I was just making some before your interruption."

Klaus sat on the couch as she directed. "I'm truly sorry if I disturbed your evening. Please, that would be lovely." On second thought..."How is it possible that you're just this breathtaking, Caroline." He suddenly appeared by her side in the kitchen, his face just inches from hers.

Caroline was totally caught off guard, and she almost dropped the mug she was holding."...What?"

"You do realize how absolutely stunning you are, don't you?"