1.24 - Breakdown

"Just leave me alone, Damon!" Aria yelled frustratingly as she sprinted down the street from Hanna's house

"Just leave me alone, Damon!" Aria yelled frustratingly as she sprinted down the street from Hanna's house. She didn't know where she was going, she just knew that she had to get out of that place. She couldn't say she was surprised about Damon and Hanna. She knew deep down that they always like each other, but she couldn't handle all this plus her sort of brother being a vampire plus all of this creepy -A stalker stuff, and she didn't even have Stefan to help her deal with these problems. She felt so alone.

Aria stopped on the pavement corner and knelt down, clutching her knees tightly to her chest, she closed her eyes praying that all of this drama would just go away.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar, gruff yet sympathetic voice right beside her that woke her up from this fantasy, "Aria? Please. Can we please just talk?"

Aria opened her eyes and glared at her brother. The fear that she once felt for her 'fake brother' had left and all she now felt towards him were intense feelings of anger and betrayal, "What do you want Damon?" she replied through gritted teeth, "What could you possibly say to me to make this any better? My whole life has been a lie and it's all because of you!"

Damon furrowed his brow and looked at Aria with puppy-dog eyes, "I know. I'm sorry."

Aria stood her place and widened her eyes in disbelief, "I'm sorry?! That's all you can say?" she said as she crossed her arms.

Damon slowly walked towards Aria. Aria looked cautiously back at Damon and held her ground - not backing away from his advances, "Aria. I meant everything I said to you when you saw me arguing with Stefan the other day in the alley way. Aria, trust me. We've always been family, I never made you lose your memory or manipulated you in anyway. I just wanted a family and to stop running after all of these years," Damon spoke in a serious tone.

Aria's eyes began to glisten, she had spent too many days crying over Damon and Stefan and she couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't even think of a response to Damon, "So what? I don't even know why you would want one, and why me? When did you even deci-"

Damon rushed toward Aria until they stood face to face and put his hands on his little sister's shoulders, "Aria, usually I could come up with some witty response but this time I just can't. And not to get into too much of a Lifetime original moment, but we are family. It doesn't matter what lineage or from what time period, technically we are, and I just want that back," Damon replied - a single tear began to make its way down Damon's cheek. He never cried in front of anyone, especially Aria, and especially Hanna. This snarky, cold-hearted vampire had a sense of humanity in him after all.

There was a five second silence. Then, Aria took her hand and wiped the tears from her face, "Damon, I tried to get you to watch one of those movies one time and you threw a pillow at the TV and said 'I want my life back!'" Aria said, laughing nervously as she recalled that funny memory.

Damon's sly smile began to creep back on his face, "Hey, I can only take so much estrogen, PMS-ing fueled content at one time." he replied - he was glad to hear his sister's laugh again.