2.8 - To Cure or Not to Cure

"So there is a way to save Hanna from staying a vampire?" Spencer said in a serious yet shocked manner

"So there is a way to save Hanna from staying a vampire?" Spencer said in a serious yet shocked manner. Spencer, Emily, Stefan and Damon stood in Aria's kitchen. For days they had been trying to plot a scheme that could try to possibly either help or save Hanna from staying permanently as one of the bloodsucking, 'undead.'

"That's what we think anyway," Stefan replied as he looked from Spencer and gestured to himself and Damon at his mention of 'we.'

"So what is it like a potion, or whatever?" Emily muttered, shifting her eyes to try to hide the fact that she already knew about this mysterious cure.

Damon examined the ring of his whiskey glass carefully and looked up at the two girls, "No one knows. We only heard about it from Katherine briefly in 1864, but I'm not going to lie, both of us were understandably too preoccupied to pursue that little detail." He responded with a cheeky raise of his eyebrows.

Spencer rolled her eyes at Damon and let out a frustrating sigh, "So, how exactly do we go about finding this 'cure' then?"

Before Damon could chime in with some witty response, Aria began to walk downstairs to the kitchen with a wearied, yet stronger-looking Hanna following behind her.

"Hey guys, guess who decided to come down and see us." Aria chimed in, as she tried to force an uncomfortable yet reassuring smile at the rest of the group.

All the girls beamed at Hanna, "Hey Han, how're you feeling?" Emily asked politely, trying to decide how far to get close to her new vampire friend.

"I don't want the cure," Hanna stated bluntly as she crossed her arms defiantly across her chest and flipped her long blond hair across her pale, ivory-colored shoulder.

Everyone's eyes widened. Clearly Damon and Stefan forgot to warn them about a vampire's enhanced hearing. At the sound of her statement, Damon began to inch towards Hanna, "Hanna ... are you su-?"

Before he could finish his sentence, Hanna turned around to face the group and cut him off, "No! Listen to me. I don't want to change myself" Hanna sniped, "I like who I am."

Aria spoke up timidly, "Han, what're you talking about?" she whispered, grabbing Stefan's hand out of sense of needed protection.

Hanna rolled her eyes. Relishing her new, heightened, sassy and fearless attitude, "You guys don't get it. After all these weeks of going through this freaking roller coaster of emotions, I'm finally in control of myself! Of my life! I feel like I can do whatever I want, say whatever I want. "

Stefan and Damon became tense at all of these familiar vampire-esque 'signs' that Hanna was now exhibiting. Cautiously stepping in front of Aria and towards Hanna, Stefan cleared his throat, "Hanna, I know it may seem like you have all of this figure out but --"

"You don't," Damon sniped. "Han, didn't you listen to anything I told you? You may think you have everything figured out right now, but Hanna, it's seriously dangerous. Look at how you almost attacked Caroline! Your own sister! You don't have enough control over yourself yet, and I don't know if I can watch you suffer through all of this."